The Gardens Between is a single-player adventure-puzzle game about time, memory and friendship.
Best friends Arina and Frendt fall into a series of vibrant, dreamlike island gardens peppered with everyday objects from their childhood. Together they embark on an emotional journey that examines the significance of their friendship: the memories they’ve built, what must be let go, and what should never be left behind.
Lost in a mysterious realm where cause and effect are malleable, the friends find that time flows in all directions. Manipulate time to solve puzzles and reach the apex of each isle. Follow the duo as they unpack and explore their significant moments spent together, lighting up constellations and illuminating threads of a bittersweet narrative.
• Vibrant, storybook-inspired art style
• Dreamy tale of adventure, friendship and growing-up
• Gorgeous single player experience with a meaningful story
• Bespoke ingenious puzzles require the manipulation of time to solve
• More than twenty mysterious and surreal garden islands to explore
• Accessible design; simple controls, and no text, speech, time pressure or complex UI
• Playtime: Roughly 2 ~ 4 hours depending on puzzle solving confidence
• Relaxing, ambient soundtrack by feature-artist Tim Shiel
• Nominated for an IGF 2018 award in Visual Excellence, amongst 19 other international award nominations
• Named one of the most ‘highly anticipated titles of 2018’ by Polygon and lauded as one of ‘18 indie games to look forward to in 2018’ by Destructoid
• Featured in numerous festivals including; Indie MEGABOOTH (PAX East, West), IndieArena, IGF, IGF China, Out of Index, ACMI, PAX AUS Showcase, Unity Showcase and BIC Fest
v 1.05 - Resolved an issue with Retina Macs booting the game in the wrong resolution.
v 1.04 - Fixed a localisation bug that prevented the game from displaying certain languages
v 1.03 - Improved controller support for third-party gamepads.
v 1.03 - Improved Metal rendering and shader pre-loading.
Thank you for playing The Gardens Between!
Follow us on Twitter / Facebook / Instagram: @TheVoxelAgents
Ratings and Reviews
Expensive But Maybe Worth It
Unfortunately this game is pretty pricey but I’m hoping the developers have created a game that is just as fun to play as it is beautiful to look at. Learning curve is non-existent as you easily find your way around. I’ll get back with you as things evolve! I’ve given the rating 4 stars hoping I will eventually give it a five. Stay tuned!
BEWARE!! Won't play on 2017 loaded MBP!
I really wanted to like this game but it will not play. Downloaded but does not open when clicked. I've tried everything.
Clicked on Support, but it only goes to their website.... and there is NO LINK to email or anything regarding support. Wasted $20 as there is no way to get a refund through Apple.
Developer Response ,
I'm sorry this is happening to you :( can you please email email@example.com and I'll try to get the game working for you, or send you a refund ASAP!
Beautiful Game but really short.
Really unique game mechanics, and beautiful graphics. It was just REALLY short. I think I played it end to end in 2 hours. Kind quick for a 20$ game don't ya think ?
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.