Make space for the issues that matter. The Guardian app gives you breaking news and full access to all of our award-winning journalism.
Support independent journalism by upgrading to the premium tier - the most rewarding way for you to experience The Guardian, set to the pace of your day.
With the free app you can:
• Access the full range of The Guardian journalism
• Stay up to date with live news and sport
• Receive breaking news alerts
• Keep reading even when you’re offline
• Save any content you want to keep for a later date
• Make it yours by choosing which sections appear on your home screen
• Follow your favourite stories, writers and football teams for personal notifications
• Enjoy award-winning audio, video and interactive content, as well as full-screen galleries
• Read comments on articles and share your own thoughts
With the premium tier you can enjoy new ways to explore the journalism you love:
• Live - a new and faster way to catch up on every breaking news story and all the latest developments as they unfold (available on iPhone)
• Discover - a new way to explore the best stories, recipes, long reads and more at the moment that suits you (available on iPhone)
• Enhanced offline reading - download the day’s news before you travel, or whenever suits you best
• Experience the app advert-free
• Play our daily crosswords
• Access specially curated content
This app is totally free to use. If you choose to upgrade to the premium tier, your payment will be processed by Apple. Upgrade by selecting ‘Support the Guardian’ from the app’s navigation menu.
Premium tier subscription automatically renews monthly unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Your iTunes account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. You may turn off auto-renewal after purchase by going to your iTunes Account Settings.
Please note - while Apple's Family Sharing feature can be used to share apps between up to six family members, it does not support the sharing of in-app purchases (as described in https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT203046). This includes the auto-renewable subscription to the premium tier of the app, and you will therefore not be able to share any subscription purchased via iTunes Store with family members. If you have any questions please email email@example.com who will be able to advise you further.
Terms and conditions:
No wifi? No problem. Enjoy quality journalism on your schedule with our enhanced offline reading feature, available in the Premium App. Download the day’s news before you travel, or whenever suits you best.
We value your feedback, so if you have something to share then email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you’re enjoying the app, please leave us a rating and a review.
Ratings and Reviews
Beautifully designed and easy to navigate, this app from the UK’s award-winning newspaper delivers the intelligent stories and thought-provoking analysis that the periodical has been known for since it launched way back in 1821. From insight into the evolving pop-culture scene to the latest breaking news, The Guardian provides incisive coverage in a thoroughly modern format through captivating photo essays, thoughtful op-eds, essential sports reports, and even interactive crossword puzzles.
The best news app 10 stars
I purchased the monthly subscription and it is well worth it. The news that is covered and the links within articles is simply “Outstanding!” To be able to read current news and link to older stories concerning issues is incredibly fascinating and informative.
Each day I find new information and detailed stories I didn’t know existed. I love the stories. Was reading up on Chernobyl and the newly installed enclosure and went through each of the links reading about life within the exclusion zone and the possibility of a solar farm. The content and how easy it is to navigate is simply awesome. One article and its associated links can lead to hours of fascinating information at your fingertips.
If I could change one thing it would be to include easier crossword puzzles for novices like me that are working our way up to the more difficult ones.
New logo/icon is disappointing
The Guardian is great. I read it everyday. I'm dropping a star from my review though because the new icon is so bad. I loved the old logo. The blue circle-masked lowercase "g" was distinct, unique and popped out in a sea of apps on my home screen. The new, black and white, times roman, capital G in a circle feels like any generic news publication. Worse, the app is hard to find now when I scroll through my apps and the widget icon, wow, I can't even tell it's a G. It could be that stupid new uber icon for all I know.
Seriously, I understand the world is a depressing, polorizing place these days and the new black/white logo might be meant to represent the times, but please, when Trump leaves office, can we have the old logo back?
Finally, Yahoo and the Gap both changed their iconic logos an few years ago. The Gap changed theirs back and still have a business, yahoo not so much. Please don't be the next Yahoo!
- Guardian News & Media Ltd
- 131.3 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © Guardian News & Media 2018
- In-App Purchases
- Premium tier subscription $5.49
- Premium tier subscription $2.99
- Premium tier subscription $15.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.