The Holy Quran - English
By Peace Through Understanding
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Read, listen to and explore the Holy Qur'an with this free, comprehensive and easy-to-use Holy Quran app with Tafsir:
* Complete English translation with the option of having the original Arabic text displayed
* iPad HD version--optimized for tablets, with up to three columns side-by-side
* Tafsir / Tafseer / Commentary of each chapter and of about 1500 selected verses
* 8 different recitations including English (by Imam Benjamin Bilal) and by great Arabic reciters like Maher Al-Muaiqly, Said Al Ghamdi, Abul Basit, Muhammad Ayyoub and Muhammad Al-Minshawi.
* Instantly stream audio or download mp3 onto your device for offline use
* Control playback using the lock screen or control center player buttons and listen to recitations while the screen is off or the app is in the background
* Full-text search including searching for exact search terms in "quotes"
* Unlimited bookmarks with note and share function
* Index / Glossary with thousands of topics and the direct link to the corresponding part in the Holy Quran
* Introduction to the study of Holy Quran with numerous topics for the Muslim and non-Muslim reader
* Share Surahs through email, text / SMS or social media
* Four font sizes
* 10 different backgrounds / themes
* iCloud sync of your bookmarks (click on sync button at the bottom of bookmark screen to back up your verses and notes). When you reinstall the app, bookmarks will be restored automatically
* Landscape mode support
...and many more features
We strove hard to avoid any mistakes. However, should you find any mistakes or any reproducible bugs please email us and we will try to fix it as soon as possible with the next update.
This is a free app, with no ads or in-app purchases, but we ask to please keep us in your prayers if you like the app. Thanks for all the great feedback and positive emails from so many of you.
What's New in Version 3.5
Amazingly detailed translation
I am reading Qur'an in different languages, and it is really useful to have a completely different translation for comparison. Also, this app's tafseer (who is the author?? Why not signed??) has very interesting analysis, much closer to my understanding of Islam, but in comparison to some previous explanations, fierce and brave, quite revolutionary. I recommend reading this Qur'an translation with whole tafseer, but I also ask developers to please sign author/s, as well as make this book accessible via different media.
Thank you and I hope you will continue with issuing apps, you had a great start.
The Worst English translation EveR!!!
I would like to start by saying the narrator is very good, unfortunately the translation is horrible! I have read many different translations of the Quran into English over the years and I'm shocked they they have been able to get away with such a horrible English translation!!! It's very misleading and in lots of places just totally the wrong words!!! Words that and Arabic speaker would tell you are not present in any form or fashion!!! I've read some pretty bad translation over the years but this is by far the worst of the worst!
Translation is misleading
This translation of Quran is misleading, words are added that are not authentic. Furthermore, this translation has corrupted, by changing the meaning of the words. For instance Chapter 2, Al Baqra (The cow), begins with "Alif Laam Meem" no one except Allah knows it's meaning. However, this App's audio falsely translates to "I am Allah". This is evident from it's text version of translation, that doesn't agree with it's own audio translation. Please download authentic translation of Quran, such as Muhammad Marmaduke Pickthall, Abdullah Yusuf Ali.