Comprehensive Qur'an App featuring:
* Complete English translation with the option of having the original Arabic text displayed
* iPad version--optimized for tablets, with up to three columns side-by-side
* Tafseer (Commentary) of each chapter and of about 1500 selected verses (by highly respected scholars around the world of no sect and no particular school of thought)
* 10 different recitations including English (by Imam Benjamin Bilal) and by great Arabic reciters like Maher Al-Muaiqly, Said Al Ghamdi, Abul Basit, Muhammad Ayyoub, Minshary Alafasy, Muhammad Al-Minshawi and more.
* Instantly stream audio or download mp3 files onto your device for offline use
* Control playback using the lock screen or control center player buttons and listen to recitations while the screen is off or the app is in the background
* Full-text search including searching for exact search terms in "quotes"
* Unlimited bookmarks with note and share function, sort bookmarks by Surah/Verse number or date it was added
* Index / Glossary with thousands of topics and the direct link to the corresponding part in the Holy Quran
* Discover the Holy Quran with numerous topics for the Muslim and non-Muslim reader
* Share Ayat (verses) through email, text / SMS or social media
* Four font sizes
* 10 different accent colors
* iCloud sync of your Quran reading achievements and your bookmarks (click on sync button on the bottom of bookmark screen to back up your verses and notes through iCloud). When you reinstall the app, bookmarks will be restored automatically
* Landscape mode support
...and many more features
While no translation of the Quran can be perfect, the translation we chose for this app was done by scholars in the United States and is part of no particular sect or school of thought. We compared many different translations and this one is easy to understand and comes with a powerful English recitation by Imam Benjamin Bilal, so the user can follow along with the English audio. For side-by-side comparison of this and other Holy Quran renderings into English, please visit our online Quran-comparison project at EnglishQuran.com
We strove hard to avoid any errors. However, should you find any mistakes or any reproducible bugs please email us and we will try to fix it as soon as possible with the next update.
This is a free app, with no ads or in-app purchases, but we ask to please keep us in your prayers if you like the app. We sincerely thank you for all the great feedback and positive emails from so many of you.
Chapter titles fixed. Recent complete redesign of the app with fresh look, and all the previous features plus much more. The app now includes a total of 10 recitations including English. New larger and easier-to-read Arabic font. Set Quran reading goals, get reminders in form of push notifications, keep track of your achievements over time, and earn badges when you reach your set goals. Bookmarks can now be sorted by the date they were added or by Surah number. Bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
This new update is wonderful and all but the Arabic letters are so smooshed to each other it’s giving me a hard time to make out to what they are because I am still learning to read it. Where as to before they were much spread apart and I was doing wonderful learning off of this app. I can no longer do that so am stuck trying to find another app that has wide Arabic letters. This is frustrating 😢
Best Quran app!
Really helped me during Ramadan as I could read Quran anywhere and keep track of the total time I spent. Very clean interface, easy to use, and many great recitations to choose from.
Translation is very misleading
Whoever wrote this translation has done the following:
1. Outlandish translation not supported by any other respectable translation
2. Abundant use of parenthesis with own viewpoints
3. Even when the text is not in parenthesis, it will make the user think that the text of the Quran is saying this but in many instances of the translation does not match the Arabic text
There is a section in the app where there is bunch of essays with no author names. Certain claims are made that haven’t been made in Classical Islamic scholarship irrespective of sects. For example, one of the essays implies that there was no literal Adam!
Besides, the user does not even have the option to choose a different translation!!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.