[This game features English language only! Translations to follow.]
The Letter is an interactive, horror/drama visual novel inspired by classic Asian horror films. Told through an immersive branching narrative, the game puts the players into the shoes of seven characters as they find themselves falling prey to a vicious curse plaguing the Ermengarde Mansion for centuries.
In this game, your choices will shape and drive the story forward: will you mend a relationship on the verge of collapse, or will you let it fall apart? Will you risk saving them, despite the consequences, or leave them to die a gruesome death? The fate of all the characters is in your hands.
* Non-chronological storytelling with seven chapters. Expect a lot of reading!
* Romance, friendship and drama; apart from horror, this game puts heavy emphasis on relationships and character development.
* Seven playable characters with varying personality and approach to difficult situations.
* Countless butterfly effects; your choices heavily affect the story.
* Full English Voice Acting.
* Animated backgrounds, CGs and sprites.
* Beautifully painted art style.
* Original soundtrack, with opening, ending and true ending theme songs.
* Quick-Time Events.
* Chapter one completely free, no ads whatsoever!
* General Improvements in Performance.
* NEW News System.
* Beta Localization for Russian.
* New support for Low Resolution Textures for lower end devices
* Various Bug fixes.
* Added new compatibility support for iPhone X/XS/XSMax/XR
Ratings and Reviews
After the playing the free prologue, I immediately decided to buy it based on the story it offered. The art is beautiful and the voice acting is great. I love how much you come to learn about each of the characters and how they each have something they are dealing with in their personal lives. This really helps one to connect with each of them.
Although the story was intriguing, it did tend to drag out and become frustratingly boring and repetitive on many occasions. There were also times in which the the audio for the characters was missing. The ending left a lot of questions unanswered, so based on the player this could be a negative as it leaves you frustrated and yearning for more information after playing through multiple chapters, or a positive as it leaves it open for you to fill in the blanks and make theories based on what you were able to collect.
Overall I believe this is a great game that is worth playing. There was a lot of work put into it, and it really shows through the story, artwork, voice actors, and the little hidden treasures they have to offer.
First off: love, love, LOVE this game, have been obsessed with it ever since I bought it. Everything about it is amazing, especially the writing which is absolutely phenomenal. It’s my new favorite app, seriously I can’t stop playing.
One problem for me though is that some of the CGs are switched. Like when *SPOILER ALERT* Kylie is ‘possessed’ by Takako her faces get switched, shown as normal when she’s supposed to look scary and having that creepy smile when the game says she looks normal again. This has happened in both Zach and Rebecca’s chapters. It’s not huge but it is annoying. Another Kylie issue is her text appearing but no voice? Again doesn’t ruin the game but it is a bit frustrating.
Anyway great game, I’m hooked and would recommend it to anyone who enjoys amazing storytelling!!
Oops (^~^;) Love the game though!
Soooooo funny story actually. I wrote a review, thinking this game was fake/stolen, which I now know it isn’t (thankfully!). Silly, tired me decided to research if the app was real AFTER i wrote a review. I found the link, which led me here. What threw me off was the fact that it was free and that only one chapter was available. I should’ve known that it’s gonna take time to get such a detailed (but amazing) game on here, but we all make mistakes haha. I apologize to the founder for jumping to conclusions and thank him for responding me and giving the correct info! I really do love this game and I can’t wait for the future updates! I recommend this game 100% to everyone! \(^o^)/
- John Pineda
- 282.2 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Frequent/Intense Horror/Fear Themes
- Frequent/Intense Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © 2017 Yangyang Mobile
- In-App Purchases
- All Chapters Sale - The Letter $10.99
- All Chapters - The Letter $13.99
- Chapter 2 - The Letter $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.