[This game features English language only! Translations to follow.]
The Letter is an interactive, horror/drama visual novel inspired by classic Asian horror films. Told through an immersive branching narrative, the game puts the players into the shoes of seven characters as they find themselves falling prey to a vicious curse plaguing the Ermengarde Mansion for centuries.
In this game, your choices will shape and drive the story forward: will you mend a relationship on the verge of collapse, or will you let it fall apart? Will you risk saving them, despite the consequences, or leave them to die a gruesome death? The fate of all the characters is in your hands.
* Non-chronological storytelling with seven chapters. Expect a lot of reading!
* Romance, friendship and drama; apart from horror, this game puts heavy emphasis on relationships and character development.
* Seven playable characters with varying personality and approach to difficult situations.
* Countless butterfly effects; your choices heavily affect the story.
* Full English Voice Acting.
* Animated backgrounds, CGs and sprites.
* Beautifully painted art style.
* Original soundtrack, with opening, ending and true ending theme songs.
* Quick-Time Events.
* Chapter one completely free, no ads whatsoever!
* General Improvements in Performance.
* NEW News System.
* Beta Localization for Russian.
* New support for Low Resolution Textures for lower end devices
* Various Bug fixes.
* Added new compatibility support for iPhone X/XS/XSMax/XR
Ratings and Reviews
Now runs on iPhone 4S!!!
I installed this game and bought all the chapters because the requirement stated that my phone could support it.The app was running well until I entered into a timed event. Once I entered the timed event, the screen goes black and then the app crashes! I can't even download all the dlc for the remaining chapters without the app crashing! I can't even load any of my save files anymore without the app crashing!!! I hope an update comes out to fix this issue because I really want to play this wonderful visual novel on my device. I want the portability factor. It can work on the 4S if the developers just optimized the app for devices with 512 mb of ram. If possible, bring support back to ios 8 once you make that update.
I got it to run on my 4S. I have to hit new game, then load my save state. This enables the iPhone to load the save file. Beforehand, if I tried to load my save state from the menu the app would crash. I'm guessing it's because the 4S can't load in enough data at a quick enough pace (A5 chip and 512mb of ram) so I figured if I had the visual novel loaded and then load my save file it would work. This worked because the 4S already had the visual novel loaded so now it just had to load the state I saved in. Now with my new method I can enjoy this visual novel. I also want to Thank you greatly for bringing the app back to iOS 8!! It means a lot to me. The 4S can't run iOS 9 well because it requires more ram than iOS 8. This app will get a 5 star if you can add an option to disable the animations in the background scenes within the visual novel. Thank you for making such a great visual novel! Keep up the great work!! Support iOS 8 forever!
Yangyang mobile is one of the greatest developers of all time. After talking with them for a while about making an update that allows older devices like the 4S to run The Letter entirely, they finally came through after a year. Now I can play through the entire visual novel without any crashing thanks to the new option to use low visuals. Thank you so much! It's great to see app developers supporting older devices. It's good for the consumer and developer. 5 out of 5!!!
Guys you still didn’t fix the trailer issue where it the screen goes black and doesn’t play.
Would have enjoyed this game if not for the blatant racial slurs towards Zack. Totally ruined the game for me and I certainly won’t spend my money in it!
- John Pineda
- 282.2 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Frequent/Intense Horror/Fear Themes
- Frequent/Intense Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © 2017 Yangyang Mobile
- In-App Purchases
- All Chapters Sale - The Letter $10.99
- All Chapters - The Letter $13.99
- Chapter 2 - The Letter $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.