By Big Bucket Software
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
THE INCIDENT is a fast-paced, retro-style action game. Run, dodge and jump your way to safety as an angry rain of just about everything in the world falls and builds a mountain of platforms for you to climb up, up… up to the source of it all: the cause of THE INCIDENT.
"This iPhone/iPad game is really great - get it! $2. It makes me laugh every time I play it." —John Romero, Designer of Wolfenstein 3D, Doom and Quake.
"A game you pick up quickly, but can't put back down." —Engadget
"Gaming's Most Charming Vision of the Apocalypse" —Gizmodo
"The controls work well, the graphics look cool, it's universal from the get go, and I really dig the whole concept behind the game." —Touch Arcade
"Terrific little indie games like this are what make the iPhone platform really shine." —TUAW
THE INCIDENT is easy to pick up but hard to master. It's a totally new gameplay concept and it's perhaps TOO addictive. It's loaded with power-ups, power-downs (d'oh!) and collectables. Try to beat the game, then try to unlock all the achievements. No one said getting 500 coins would be easy.
THE INCIDENT is a universal app that runs great on any iPhone or iPod touch, and on iPad. Buy once, play anywhere!
WHAT'S IN THE BOX:
• Supercool 8-bit pixel art with Retina display support
• Awesome chiptune soundtrack
• 7 levels to explore and survive in "The Rise & Fall of Frank Solway"
• Dodge and jump as high as you can in "Endless Nightfall"
• Control your iPad using an iPhone or iPod Touch with Controller Mode
• Score sharing with Game Center
• Hundreds of unique objects, hundreds of ways to die
• The Award Room, where you recall your adventures
• The elusive "B-mode"
• TV Support!
• Controller can be used to pause, resume, restart/retry and return to the main menu.
• Trophies can be tweeted from the Awards screen.
• Game Center leaderboard can be viewed without leaving the game.
• New game mode: Endless Nightfall!
• Share your Endless Nightfall high scores on Game Center!
• Control your iPad using an iPhone or iPod Touch!
• Retina display support for super-crisp pixels.
• New music in Endless Nightfall and Twitter screen.
• In-Game options: Access options without returning to the Main Menu.
• Tweet your trophies! Send a photo of your trophy to Twitter.
• Support for both landscape orientations on iPad.
• Lots of tweaks and bug fixes.
What's New in Version 1.5.2
Addresses an issue with sharing trophies on Twitter.
Hilarious and amusing
I enjoyed trying out this game on my iPad 3 with iOS 6.1.3.
It is fun to see all the ways your character can die. :o
I have a couple of issues:
1. When I tried to minimize the game using the pinch feature on the iPad, the game would not minimize.
2. The default game controller was very confusing to operate. I am a bit of a klutz with games! I did go through the tutorial, but I had trouble figuring out how to make my character jump.
3. How about adding a practice round in the tutorial plus a bit more about how the controller works?
What I really love:
1. It plays in landscape mode. Now make it truly Universal by allowing play in any mode regardless of how the iPad is tilted.
2. It has separate controls for music and game sound effects. THANK YOU!
The game made me guffaw after every round telling me ow I had died. Whatever falls on you kills you. "Death by bicycle." "Death by 36" LCD TV," etc.
SUGGESTION TO THE DEVS: Add achievements in Game Center for every possible way to die. 5 points for each and a Game Center badge for each. "Death by Shopping Cart" should be an achievement. Same for every other type of death. That would make the game more fun!
ONE MAJOR ISSUE: It does not allow me to save a game on the iPad 3 with iOS 6.1.3. I played through to Level 2, minimized the game, and when I returned, it was back at Level 1 with me starting the game as though I had never played it! Devs, please fix.
Great concept, needs more gameplay variants.
I want to like this game more than I do because it's well-made and creative. I enjoy running and jumping and even dying from the objects falling from the sky (when an object finally kills you, it reveals its name).
But *a lot* of the rest of the time is spent cursing Frank's small life bar, dying repeatedly, cursing the ancient curses from below. The game text describes levels to explore but they're just different backgrounds and all you do is go up. That's it.
There is no story (just hints towards an end-game reveal) and the game starts to be an exercise in frustration without any other forms of gameplay. I'm trying to beat it but my patience is wearing thin.
Technical issues: no rotate device support, sometimes progress is lost between games so you have to start the level over (and levels are loooong), sometimes freezes after the title b falls - working again now, though. (:
Simple and fun, really cool being able to use the iPhone as the controller for the iPad. Could use a basic tutorial or something at the beginning though.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Aug 14, 2013
- Version: 1.5.2
- Size: 13.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Matthew Comi
- © Big Bucket Software
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.