From critically acclaimed storytelling and photography, to rich-media videos, we not only deliver the news, but completely immerse you in it. With our local-to-national coverage, find the stories that matter to your community.
• NEWS: Browse or search for national, local and most popular stories to keep you connected.
• NEWS ALERTS: Get news as it breaks by opting in for push notifications on News, Sports, Life, Money or Tech. Rich notifications allow you to get an article preview, save and share from your lock screen.
• WEATHER: Be prepared with live weather information from hourly to 10-day forecasts. Enable location services to customize local weather news and other location-based services. (Continued use of GPS running in background can decrease battery life.)
• SCORES: Get the latest NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, MLS, NCAA Football & Basketball scores as well as news from the worlds of Golf, NASCAR, IndyCar, UFC, Fantasy Sports and more.
• SAVED STORIES: Save your favorite stories to read later.
• NIGHT MODE: Enable this feature to view the app using a black background and white text.
• WIDGET: Get a quick update on the latest headlines from your Home and Lock screen! No time to read the full story? Tap the bookmark icon to save for later.
• iPAD PRO ENHANCED: Experience our captivating photography and stories in full screen or multitasking mode.
PREMIUM SUBSCRIBER CONTENT:
This app is free to download but for unlimited access to all content, subscribe now and get 30 days free ($5.99/month after).
Subscriptions are charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase and automatically renew each month or year, unless turned off in your iTunes account settings at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. For more details, see "Subscription Support" in the app's Settings for more details and customer service contact information.
Terms of Service: http://static.jacksonsun.com/terms/
TELL US WHAT YOU THINK:
Our app features are constantly being improved based on your feedback, so we welcome you to tell us what you love and what you’d like to see more (or less) of. Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter @usatodaymobile. For additional information, please visit http://www.usatoday.com/mobile-apps.
• Performance improvements and bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Push notifications ridiculous
The app’s settings don’t work. I have turned on for news and weather only – all I get are stupid sports updates! As if I care what the Vols score is! What a waste. They print pictures of community events from over a year ago (as if it’s a ‘current’ event. Nothing is local anymore.
Yesterday’s news tomorrow—well, unless it’s a high school or college football game!
I am enjoying the digital content.
Outdated and rarely current
I find more useful current Jackson events from the 101.5 website or Brownsville news than the jacksonsun. I am a subscriber to Wednesday and Sunday papers and the online edition, and the online app is in serious need of better management and current topics. I have headlines on my app today that have been there for 2 months. Old news. I don't understand how a city can grow and flourish yet their newspaper cannot find things to write about. It emits a bad representation of the city. Come on jacksonsun, step it up or move over for someone else.
- 231.8 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2019 Gannett Co., Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- The Jackson Sun Digital Subscription $5.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.