Kansas City Star Newspaper app for iPhone- Local News, Traffic, Weather & Sports for Kansas and Missouri
By The McClatchy Company
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Connect to the Kansas City Star Newspaper’s app wherever you are.
Receive the latest local and breaking news from Kansas City metro area. Including community information for Lee’s Summit, Independence, Blue Springs, Belton, Parkville, Gladstone, Liberty, Grandview, Overland Park, Olathe, Lenexa and Prairie Village. The Kansas City Star and KansasCity.com reports on the local topics you care about including local, weather, traffic, crime, sports and national news.
Features of the app include:
• Breaking news alerts and real-time updates.
• The local news and sports topics you care about from around the Kansas City Metro area.
• View stunning photos and galleries of news coverage and events.
• The Kansas City Star opinions, editorials, and columns you love.
• Ability to share stories and galleries on Facebook, Twitter, or by email
What's New in Version 5.16.3
- We're continuing to make improvements to videos and photos in our stories.
- Minor styling updates.
- Bug fixes.
New Change a Step Backwards
This was my favorite newspaper app because it did 1 thing that none of the rest of them did. When you clicked on an article in the print edition view it launched it as a web article to read. Super easy to navigate as you just have to scroll down the page and it saved your font size, close the article window and you were back to the paper image. They've taken that away with the most recent change.
Now it's like every other newspaper app where clicking the article just zooms in the PDF and you have to awkwardly adjust the size or drag the image all over the place to read the article. Looks like there's some navigational improvements in this version but they messed with their best feature.
- Category: News
- Updated: Aug 19, 2015
- Version: 5.16.3
- Size: 11.5 MB
- Languages: English, Spanish
- Seller: McClatchy Interactive
- © 2014 The Kansas City Star and KansasCity.com. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.