The Last Express
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Step aboard the 1914 Orient Express in this award-winning mystery adventure from Prince of Persia creator Jordan Mechner, now for the first time on iOS!
JULY, 1914. With Europe on the brink of war, the luxurious Orient Express departs Paris for Constantinople, plunging American doctor Robert Cath into a maelstrom of treachery, romance, and international intrigue.
The Last Express is a complete, faithful iOS version of the internationally-acclaimed 1997 PC classic.
- 20+ hours of game play
- Interact with 30+ characters who behave like actual people on a train -- moving about in real-time and conversing in their native languages
- Eavesdrop on conversations, sneak into compartments, and uncover clues
- Explore a richly detailed, historically accurate 3D recreation of the 1914 Orient Express
- Your actions affect other characters’ behavior, making every play-through different
- Rewind feature allows you to back up to any point in the story and choose a different course of action
- Playable in 5 languages: English, French, German, Italian and Spanish
EXCLUSIVE ADDITIONAL FEATURES ONLY FOR iOS:
- Unlock challenging achievements that test your sleuthing skills
- Dynamic, 3-tiered hint system created specifically for iOS
- 20 unlockable character biographies
- Unlock cinematics to replay at any time
**** Reviews ! 90% on Metacritic ****
"The Last Express is just one of those games that adventure fans, or just fans of a good story, need to play." 4/4 - Slide To Play
"A shining example of how deeply gameplay and storytelling can be intertwined" 5/5 - AppSpy
"It's a piece of videogame history and a shining example of what can be done to create an experience so much more immersive than the Heavy Rains of today." - 8/10, Destructoid
“Exquisite design and a literary story. A thrilling ride.” – Newsweek
“The top adventure game… thumbs up by all ages and both genders.” – Family PC
“A masterpiece.” – Computer Games Strategy Plus
“Gripping… amazing… totally unique. The best adventure game I have ever played. Beautiful, skillfully crafted, and worth every penny and hour of your time.” – Games Domain Review
FOR MORE ABOUT THE LAST EXPRESS, VISIT:
What's New in Version 1.03
- Fixed touch control issues
- Fully optimized for iPhone 5
Read before buying
First off when I bought the game it wouldn't download even though I had enough storage available. Should have headed this as a warning. But I was eager the see how the game was and didn't want to waste $5. So after freeing up additional space it finally decided to download. The storyline is quite interesting as mystery games like this are hard to find. However the controls are less than great at best and I found them very annoying at first. However the most upsetting fact about this game is how glitchy it is. I have made progress in the game and then found myself being set back at least twice (primarily during chapter 3). There is no notification and all progress is just randomly lost. Unless the developers can fix this I can only see this adaptation of the game as a disappointment.
Best graphic adventure ever
This was one of the greatest PC/Mac adventure games ever created and won countless "game of the year" awards when it came it --back in 1997. Cool rotoscope graphics, dramatic soundtrack, good voice-over acting, compelling mystery story and interesting characters. Truly an interactive movie where you play a key role in unraveling the story.
DotEmu has converted it to run as a native iOS app and it works great. I use the iPad version and have had no problems. Controls are super easy, animation and sound are smooth. Note that this game is much more about the story, characters, clues and timing than about action. For $5 it's a great bargain.
Cool Story Based Game
This is a unique point and click adventure that has a truly engrossing story. It is unique because the other characters go about their business whether or not you decide to take action or not. This is different than most adventure games, where only your actions affect the events going on, but in this game, characters move and events unfold in real time, making it all the more immersive. Definitely worth the buy if you enjoy period piece thrillers.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Oct 27, 2012
- Version: 1.03
- Size: 1.36 GB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Seller: DotEmu
- © Copyright 2012 Waterwheel, Inc. DotEmu SAS.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.