The Local Guide App is Scotland's leading unique driving audio tour guide and is the perfect companion for travellers exploring Scotland.
The App uses GPS technology to deliver a personal tour, based on your exact location, taking you to the very best each area has to offer. Delivered through the highest quality studio sound, you'll receive information on attractions, amenities, hidden gems, upcoming destinations, activities, the very best sight-seeing opportunities as well as guidance on how to get there, so you won't miss a thing.
You'll also hear stories and learn about the landscape, its people, the culture, and specific historical events, taking advantage of in-depth local knowledge to enhance your experience.
By the end of each tour, you will have a greater understanding of the land, the environment and the people who have shaped this wondrous land. Let us guide you through every twist and turn of one of the greatest road trips in the world.
Ratings and Reviews
Great for planning
I am doing the coast road 500 in the spring , and using this now for planning. I like this very much, and think it will be a true tour guide when I’m on the road
- The Local Guide LTD
- 56.5 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Danish, German, Icelandic, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2018 the-local-guide.co.uk
- In-App Purchases
- North Coast Anticlockwise $4.99
- North Coast Clockwise Guide $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.