Get ready to join the Beast on a rollicking alphabet adventure, learning new letters and words as you go. Play the drums, pop the bubbles, dance the robot and pick out your favourite hat & tie combo for the world's most stylish Beast.
Award-winning Irish illustrator Chris Judge has created 26 interactive hand-drawn scenes featuring the Beast and his friends, to help kids learn the alphabet, discover new words and have heaps of fun all at the same time.
From (fully playable) musical instruments and dancing robots, to spinning bow ties and laughing monkeys, this is a very hands-on journey through the alphabet. It’s got easy, no-fuss controls, simple interactions and lots of funny stuff to keep your little one giggling while they learn.
To demonstrate our commitment to cutting edge technology, the app also includes a fully operational virtual light switch.
- Voiceover by the author of The Lonely Beast
- Packed with lots of stuff to tap and swipe
- Fully playable drums and xylophone
- Universal app: buy it once and use on all your iOS devices
- Original music by Simon Judge
- Visual and audio feedback for letters
- Optimised for retina devices
- 6 different types of hat
A child friendly app:
- Easy no-clutter navigation
- No third-party advertising
- No in-app purchases
- No social media
Watch the trailer here:
- Featured by Apple in New & Noteworthy, Best for Ages 5 & Under, Learning Made Fun, First Words & Numbers, Apps from iPad TV Ads, Print Concepts & Letters, Apps for Kids and Preschool & Elementary
- Top 10 Education app in 52 countries
- Featured in the iPad TV commercial 'Together' (L is for light!)
- Nominated for the Bologna Ragazzi Digital Award at the Bologna Children's Book Fair
- Editor's Choice Award, Children's Technology Review
- “A fantastic ABC app for kids” - Boing Boing
- “A thing of great beauty ... so well designed and crafted you can feel the picture book maker behind it, and that's what makes it such a delight” - The App Puppy
- “Top of my list for favorite ABC apps … interactivity that is going to have your child wanting to play with the app over and over again” - BabyCenter
- “An instant hit” - Babyccino Kids
- “A beautiful storybook-style letter lesson, appropriate for little ones of almost any age” - Best Of The Best, Best Apps for Kids
- “A great app for introducing the letters of the alphabet with fun and ease” - Editor's Favourite, AppySmarts
- “Full of character and will give your little ones the tools to learn their alphabet while showing them how fun learning can be” - The iPhone Mom
- “Brimming with character and visual wit” - Inis Magazine
- “An app which will be loved by both parents and toddlers” – Candepop
- “Polished, characterful cards with plenty of humour” – Apps Playground
Try out our new counting app, The Lonely Beast 123!
Follow us on Twitter – @LonelyBeastApps
Like us on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/thelonelybeastabc
Bug bashes & beastly buffs.
If you're a fan of The Lonely Beast ABC, please consider leaving a rating or review – it really helps us out!
Ratings and Reviews
Well rounded and entertaining
This interactive and playful app is entertaining and educational. The animations are fun and engaging, and it's a great tool to introduce and reinforce letter recognition. No regrets on this one, or the numbers app; we have that one, too😊
I don't like this app.
The app The Lonely Beast ABC is a well developed app based on a children's book. Each page is intriguing, enthralling and interactive app for young children. Each page is the representation of a letter and introduction to new sight words. I like that there are multiple parts of the page that are interactive and helps young children to play and focus on what is on the page. The ability to click on the letter and words give children to recite each letter and word multiple times helping them to retain what they have learned from the app and enjoy what they learn.
Overall I enjoyed the app. The music was delightful and it is filled with activities on each page to keep the children interacting with the story. The voice saying the words and letters is pleasant and it is a great app for letter recognition, letter identification and sight word recognition. It has the possibility of becoming an amazing app to use with children with minor adjustments. I would recommend this app to app to parents and educators.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.