The Long Shadow of Chernobyl
By Lightbox Press
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Photographer Gerd Ludwig, considered one of the leading documentary photographers of our time, introduces his premiere app for the iPad, the most comprehensive photographic coverage of the Chernobyl nuclear disaster to date. Spanning nearly two decades of documentation, his groundbreaking work explores the human and environmental impacts since the disaster, and includes photos from Ludwig’s 2011 trip to Chernobyl, taken as the crisis at Japan’s Fukushima nuclear power plant was unfolding.
The Long Shadow of Chernobyl features:
• Four photo galleries, 12 slideshows and two interactive panoramas, for a total of more than 150 photographs (some never before published) of the reactor, the abandoned city of Pripyat, the Exclusion Zone and the victims
• Exclusive behind-the-scenes video of damaged reactor unit No. 4, along with a video introduction by Ludwig, plus two additional videos
• An in-depth look at the world’s worst nuclear disaster to date: Ludwig went deeper inside the reactor than any Western still photographer and returned in 2011 on the eve of the 25th anniversary of the disaster to reenter the reactor
• An essay by Dr. David Marples, renowned expert on Eastern Europe
What's New in Version 2.0
Newly optimized and redesigned app using ScrollMotion's groundbreaking WYSWYG platform that builds native apps without the need to know code.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Jun 30, 2015
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 194 MB
- Languages: English, French, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Paraculture, Inc.
- © 2015 Lightbox Press
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.