The Loop Magazine
By Jim Dalrymple
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
It's important that you understand what the magazine is about — in two words it's "creativity and passion". Every article we publish is written by a creative person who is passionate about their subject. The writers care deeply about what they do, and want to share those experiences with enthusiastic and discerning readers like you.
We publish issues twice per month - about every two weeks.
Subscriptions are $1.99 per month and include access to all back issues. Subscriptions are billed and auto-renewed each month as follows:
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
• Payment will be charged to iTunes account at confirmation of purchase.
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period, at the monthly rate at the time of renewal.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited upon purchase of a subscription.
What's New in Version 2.1
- Push notifications for new issues including background download
- App now remembers your previous location
- Improved sharing
- Bug fixes
Why I'll be around a while.
I've been a subscriber of The Loop magazine since it's launch, and I have to say that it appears that I will be around for a very long time. The important thing to understand is, this isn't a magazine in the traditional sense. What does that mean? Well, simple. The Loop isn't a converted PDF plastered into an e-reader viewable configuration. In fact, I'd just say that it's best experienced by the reader of the review. Where The Loop earns it's chops for me is within the articles themselves. Each of the articles have been well written and the reader can capture what the intent of the article serves, even if the article bears nothing of similarity to something the reader may normally read. In short, the reason I will stick around revolves around one simple fact: the articles, always add something to my reading experience. Very much worth the subscription.
Fascinating Articles and Great Interface
The magazine has a great collection of articles and I always look forward to each issue. The content is interesting and well written. This is definitely the future of periodicals in this new digital age.
The app itself is beautiful and the navigation is new and very easy to use. I love the way it just flows from article to article; there is no need to go back and select the next article, just keep scrolling and it will go to the next one!
Overall, fantastic content in an app that is just as fresh and interesting.
Its a .........a PR Blog!
At first I thought this was gonna be like Marco's The Magazine, in that it wasnt Marco's blog!! Glen has taken it eto fascinating new level. But man was I wrong,
I kid you Not! The Loop Magazine is a shameless Blog.. I mean it has ipad mini review as an article for cryin out loud!
Its just decorated with animations and pictures to give it a magazine like status. I called it shameless cuz its just another revenue stream. Content quality is okay. I expected loop website to always be Apple Apple, but mistakenly believed magazine would bring some alternative critical thinking. WRONG AGAIN!
Some articles are okayish, semi interesting,
.. The rest of em are Apple PR pieces.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Dec 17, 2013
- Version: 2.1
- Size: 39.8 MB
- Languages: English, Basque, Chinese, Czech, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Vietnamese
- Seller: Jim Dalrymple
- © 2013 Jim Dalrymple
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- The Loop Magazine$1.99
- The Loop Magazine - Issue 22$1.99
- The Loop Magazine - Issue 14$1.99
- The Loop Magazine - Issue 15$1.99
- The Loop Magazine - Issue 16$1.99
- The Loop Magazine - Issue 12$1.99
- The Loop Magazine - Issue 19$1.99
- The Loop Magazine - Issue 8$1.99
- The Loop Magazine - Issue 18$1.99
- The Loop Magazine - Issue 17$1.99