The Manhattan Project
By Domowicz Creative Group, LLC
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
The Manhattan Project is the official computer adaptation of the hit board game, The Manhattan Project by Brandon Tibbetts and Minion Games.
From the box:
"The Manhattan Project makes you the leader of a great nation's atomic weapons program in a deadly race to build bigger and better bombs. You must assign your workers to multiple projects: building your bomb-making infrastructure, expanding your military to protect it, or sending your spies to steal your rival's hard work!
You alone control your nation's destiny. You choose when to send out your workers-and when to call them back. Careful management and superior strategy will determine the winner of this struggle. So take charge and secure your nation's future!"
The Manhattan Project supports three modes of play:
1. Single player against AI opponents.
2. Pass-n-play multi-player against human and AI opponents.
3. Online networked multi-player against human and AI opponents.
What's New in Version 3
* added: save/load support (for offline games). Game auto-saves on exit
* added: new sound effects
* added: improved UI art
* added: quit-confirm window
* fixed: AI could win by loading a bomb without bombers
* fixed: bad formatting and inconsistent verb use in log
* fixed: repair window showed wrong repairs remaining
* fixed: AI testing a bomb twice
* tweak: log line for bomb actions shows points earned and needed to win
Immediate crash upon opening
I bought this game a while ago, and enjoyed it thoroughly. Then, one day, as I went to open it, the entire game crashed immediately after opening. After the game crashed, I tried in vain to get it to start, but it always crashes upon opening. I uninstalled it, and found the gam missing from the store. Now it has reappeared, so I redownloaded it, and the problem still persists. No answer from the developers, no working app, hence the one star. Stay away until this problem is fixed!
The app has received a lot of love over past few updates and is looking very good in its current state. As a veteran player, my only complaint is that I wish that the hard AI was just a bit tougher to beat. Other than that, it's a great implementation of one of my favorite board games.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jan 28, 2016
- Version: 3
- Size: 49.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Domowicz Creative Group LLC
- © 2013 Domowicz Creative Group, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.