Merck Manual - Professional Version
By Merck & Co Inc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
SPECIAL NOTE ABOUT DOWNLOAD
***This very large app (the entire content of the Merck Manual) can take up to 15 min on wifi to download and install. ***
The amount of clinical information currently doubles every 18 months and the pace is only getting faster. Stay ahead of the curve with the Merck Manual Professional App.
The completely redesigned Merck Manual Professional App improves on the trusted Merck Manual app. This useful medical reference app still provides health care practitioners and students with clear, practical explanations for thousands of conditions in all major medical and surgical specialties. It covers etiology, pathophysiology, and options for evaluation and treatment. Now with many new features and enhancements.
After the initial install, the app will download a large amount of content when opened for the first time. Thus, we recommend downloading the app while connected to wi-fi.
The trusted Merck Manual Professional medical app offers:
• Thousands of topics written and updated regularly by more than 350 academic physicians
• Photos and Illustrations of thousands of disorders and diseases
• NEW ”How to Do” Videos on numerous outpatient procedures and physical examinations. Concise instructional videos by medical experts on these key topics:
o Casting and splinting techniques
o Orthopedic examinations
o Neurologic examinations
o Obstetric procedures
o Outpatient procedures (including IV lines, tubes, catheters, dislocation reductions and more)
• NEW Drug Reference Information*
• NEW Quizzes* check knowledge of medical disorders, symptoms, and treatments
• NEW Interactive Case Simulations* test ability to treat a specific patient over the disease course
• NEW Medical News* covering the most current and important medical topics
• NEW Editorials* written by top medical experts
*Internet access needed.
About Merck Manuals
Our mission is simple:
We believe that health information is a universal right and that every person is entitled to accurate, accessible and usable medical information. We have a responsibility to protect, preserve and share the best current medical information to enable more informed decisions, enhance relationships between patients and professionals, and improve health care outcomes around the world.
That’s why we are making the Merck Manuals available for free in digital form to professionals and patients around the world. No registration or subscription required, and no ads.
This mobile application is intended for Healthcare Professionals in the United States, Canada, its territories and Puerto Rico only.
This app was built and tested specifically for Version 2.1. For more information please read the End User License Agreement at
For more information about our privacy practices, please see our privacy commitment at http://www.merck.com/policy/commitment/home.html.
To report an adverse event with a specific Merck product, please call the Merck National Service Center at 1-800-672-6372.
What's New in Version 2.1
Download/Install time improved, videos and favorites retained after program update, bulk download of up to 10 videos at a time, User Guide and FAQ added, notification badge icon freeze fixed, search result priority improved, minor user enhancements and bug fixes.
Great Medical Reference
I downloaded this new Merck Manuals reference when I saw it first available, have the home use version too. Here is what you need to know:
- Its free
- There are no ads
- It downloads the all core content to your phone (very simialr to the online site), its not one of the apps that needs a internet signal. It does take some time the first time you open the app but its a smart move for all those who may have phone signal or wifi issues.
Offline use and Excellent interface
Can confirm it can now be used offline (without internet access). Not certain if the app has been updated since the poor reviews. Interface layout is an improvement over previous versions. It is simple and quick. It is priced competitively compared to other similar medical textbooks. Highly recommended.
This app is incredibly robust. The initial download time is lengthy but allows you to access a large amount of the core content w/out WiFi later. Would recommend if you travel a lot or live in an area w/out stable connection to internet.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Medical
- Updated: Aug 24, 2016
- Version: 2.1
- Size: 33.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Merck & Co Inc
- Copyright © 2016 Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., a subsidiary of Merck & Co., Inc. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.