The brand-new Mercury mobile app is the most comprehensive, accurate, and content-rich source of local news for the communities of Pottstown, Pennsylvania and the Tri-County area.
Here are just a few of the many features of our new app:
• Improved push notifications for Breaking News
• Attractive layout for ease of use
• Convenient sharing capabilities
• Frequent updates to ensure the latest news is always at your disposal
This release includes bug fixes, and optimizations.
• Resolved a bug that prevented Google Analytics from working as expected.
• Improved Push notification subscription tracking.
• Resolved an issue that prevented badges from updating and clearing correctly.
Ratings and Reviews
Can’t find any place to say I only want “x”. Or notify if “something important happens” Tried it about 2 years ago and removed it. Good bye again.
Old content, crashes
Do these developers actually use their app????
Okay, first, props they at least have an app. But what's the point if stuff doesn't work??? They only post a very few stories here. Those they post are good, it's a million times better than their mobile site. BUT.....
1. The developers or editors clearly never tested "breaking news." you can read the headline, and the first few words of the store, but nothing more and no link to the story. WTH???
2. Hope nobody you love dies if their last name falls in the second half of the alphabet. They only show up through about L or M. AND, most of the obits from A to wherever it cuts off are just "in memorium" of people who died a year ago in 2011. Why put those here and not the current ones?????
3. If there is news breaking like a fire or accident, that doesn't seem to make it into the "breaking news" section, which is exactly the kind of stuff mobile users want. If you've got people tweeting it, hello, put it on your mobile app. Though I guess what's the point, if nobody can read the breaking news anyway....
I live here. I'm stuck with the Mercury as my local news source, but it's so hard to support them when they have an awful website, painful mobile browser, and a really promising app that has serious flaws that apparently the mercury doesn't care about. Frustrated again!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.