The brand-new Morning Sun mobile app is the most comprehensive, accurate, and content-rich source of local news for the communities of Central Michigan.
Here are just a few of the many features of our new app:
• Improved push notifications for Breaking News
• Attractive layout for ease of use
• Convenient sharing capabilities
• Frequent updates to ensure the latest news is always at your disposal
This release includes bug fixes, and optimizations.
• Resolved a bug that prevented Google Analytics from working as expected.
• Improved Push notification subscription tracking.
• Resolved an issue that prevented badges from updating and clearing correctly.
Ratings and Reviews
Does not refresh
The app will not refresh. Same news for the last three days. Stuck on Nov 1st. Tried to delete and reinstall still same news.
News that's not local
The app frequently switches from stories from the Morning Sun to stories from a Detroit area newspaper. I suspect that both newspapers are owned by the same publishing company. However, it is annoying when you want to read news that is pertinent to your area but the only articles are for an area 3 hours away.
Perhaps my expectations are less than some others', but I find this app very easy to manipulate and am very impressed. Thanks from one who resides out if the country for several months.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.