The Movies: Superstar Edition
By Feral Interactive Ltd
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Behind every box office hit is a Hollywood mogul… in The Movies Superstar Edition, that mogul is you!
Before you buy, expand this description to check the system requirements below.
Starting out at the dawn of cinema, it’s up to you to build your studio from an empty lot into a glittering Hollywood empire by producing must-see blockbusters, creating huge stars and giving the movie-going public exactly what they want to see. It’s not all award-parties though… you’ll need to balance spiralling budgets, fierce competition, and worst of all, actors’ egos if you want to make it to the top.
When it’s time to start the cameras rolling, settle into the director’s chair! The Movies comes packed with tools to help you write and direct your own films. Once you’ve polished your films to perfection, you can upload them to YouTube and show the world your best shots.
Included in the Superstar Edition is the Stunts & Effects expansion pack, which adds more sets, costumes, props, vehicles and backdrops for your virtual productions, along with a new employee type: the stuntman, and a host of new creative options with which to dazzle the audience.
Welcome to the dream factory, baby!
• Call the shots in Tinseltown – Design and run your own studio, from the early days of cinema through to the present day and beyond.
• From pitch to premiere – Take full creative control of your movies. Write the scripts, direct them yourself and then edit your movie to perfection.
• The part your Mac was born to play – Integration with iTunes lets you pick the perfect track for the scene… or write your own with GarageBand!
• BAFTA Award-winning – The Movies for Mac won a BAFTA award in the Best Simulation category.
• Top score – A brilliant soundtrack from composer Daniel Pemberton captures the changing eras of cinema, and gets you in the mood to make movie magic.
• Show the world your talents – Upload your masterpiece to YouTube and share it with family and friends.
Important information regarding The Movies Superstar Edition:
• You can find out more about the game on the The Movies Superstar Edition mini-site at feralinteractive.com/superstar
• If you encounter problems playing the game, please visit support.feralinteractive.com and contact our support team. This allows us to deal with your issue quickly, and helps us to improve our games.
• Minimum System Requirements: Processor: 1.4 GHz, RAM: 512MB, Graphics: 64MB, Free Space: 8GB.
• This game is not currently supported on volumes formatted as Mac OS Extended (Case Sensitive).
The Movies and The Movies: Stunts & Effects © 2002-2011 Lionhead Studios Limited. Lionhead, the Lionhead logo, The Movies, The Movies: Stunts & Effects and The Movies logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Lionhead Studios Ltd. All rights reserved. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Mac and the Mac logo are trademarks of Apple Computer, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Feral and the Feral logo are trademarks of Feral Interactive Ltd.
What's New in Version 1.2
• Fixed crash on Macs with 2GB VRAM Graphics cards (27" iMac BTO option).
• Improved shadow effect on Intel HD3000 cards in OS X Lion.
Love this game!
I was a little hesitant to buy this game because for some reason I didn't think it was going to be that good, but I'm happy to say I was wrong. This game is brilliant, creative, and so addictive. Very much like The Sims in many respects, but with an actual goal to motivate you. It's all kinds of fun trying to produce a movie that hits number one at the box office - and surprisingly even more fun when your films win a coveted movie award. Keeping your stars happy and working can be difficult - they can be so temperamental, but that's part of the challenge. I was less interested in decorating my studio lot than I was making some great movies. But you have to keep churning them out if you want your studio to be profitable for several decades, both the blockbusters and the duds. You can find some custom contest for this game on the web, not nearly as much as the Sims, and installing it on a Mac can be a tricky. But overall, a great port to Mac - this game runs flawlessly on my 3 year old unibody macbook pro, (unlike the Sims games.)
Fun for Years
I originally played, "The Movies" years ago when it first came out on PC. I'm a huge fan of simulation games, so when I switched to Mac I was thrilled to find an old favorite available on this platform!
The game play is smooth, and you can speed through filming. However there is a little bit of technique to make your Studio Lot #1. Make sure your stars are happy, have a nice trailer, good entourage, are paid well, always trendy with fashion, etc. But be careful, much like real life they too can have a food or drink addiction. Yes, there is rehab for that, lol. Old age? No problem, send them in for plastic surgery!
Also, make sure you take some time for your stars to mingle with each other. The better of a relationship they have, the more the paparazzi will like them, and the critics will appreciate their chemistry. When they're not conversing with each other, train them in a new genre. Plus, make sure your stuntmen are well trained and healthy too!
I wish the PR building were available early on, but that would pretty much make the game a breeze. ;)
To all those wondering if this is a good game, indeed it is. If you enjoy constant competition of having the top movie studio, stealing actors from rival studios, making an old janitor an over-night movie star - then you will love this game!
This game is truly addictive. It is simmilar to the Sims but focuses around movie studios. You have to balance your cast and crew's hectic lives and create the best movies you can. There are varying degrees of challenges and a nice reward system built in. It is hard to stop playing this game, and when you do stop playing you will be shocked at how long you were playing, I have easily killed 6 hours non stop playing this game. The only problem is that if you haven't played in a while it is hard to start back up, it is easy to forget what you were doing the last time you played. But I would easily recomend this game to ayone who is a fan of Sim games or Tycoon games.
It runs silky smooth at its highest settings on my Late October 2009 Unibody Macbook Pro.I would recomend using a mouse.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Sep 27, 2011
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 4.14 GB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Seller: Feral Interactive Ltd
- The Movies and The Movies: Stunts & Effects © 2002-2011 Lionhead Studios Limited. Feral and the Feral logo are trademarks of Feral Interactive Ltd.
Compatibility: OS X 10.6.6 or later