The New Yorker Today app is the best way to stay on top of news and culture every day, and the magazine each week.
• Get a daily blend of in-depth reporting, political commentary, cultural criticism, and humor from the website.
• Read each week’s magazine and browse past issues.
• Receive alerts on breaking-news coverage by your favorite New Yorker writers and notifications about major pieces in the magazine.
• Flip through a nearly endless supply of New Yorker cartoons using the Cartoon Randomizer tab
• Access The New Yorker Sticker Pack: download the app, add the extension to iMessage, and liven up your texts with Christoph Niemann’s signature drawings and animations of city life
• Read articles offline and bookmark long reads to finish later
The app is free to download. Subscribers receive unlimited access. Non-subscribers may access a limited number of articles each month. Most current New Yorker subscribers have unlimited access to the app as part of their existing subscription. Subscribers with a print-only subscription may not have unlimited access. Users who have trouble accessing unlimited stories, or who wish to upgrade their access level may call Customer Service at 1-800-967-2082. All users have unlimited access to the Cartoon Randomizer, which does not count toward the article limit for non-subscribers. All users have unlimited access to the Sticker Pack, which is free to download and requires iOS 10 or above. A subscription costs $8.99 a month or $89.99 annually, and includes a 30-day free trial, after which it will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period and will state the cost of renewal. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s account settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable. Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
The New Yorker Today app requires iOS 9 or above.
Bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Horrible app & lousy customer support
I have subscribed to The New Yorker print edition for years and love reading this magazine. However, I have an awful time using both Nee Yorker apps - they often do not recognize my login credentials. “Customer support” has never responded to my many requests for help.
New Yorker needs to get its act together with electronic media.
Strange Subscription experience
The app is pretty good. I went to subscribe, however, and it got a bit bizarre. I use Apple Pay a lot, so I chose this method of payment. The website said “subscription not complete... enter “country.” Weird. Country is part of the address. Besides, the page has also requested my location, which I allowed. Buggy.
- 68.8 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © 2016 Conde Nast
- In-App Purchases
- The New Yorker Today $8.99
- The New Yorker Today $89.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.