The News Journal
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get the latest local news for the state of Delaware with The News Journal iPhone app. The app is free to download and the Home section is available to all users. Your subscription includes access to this app, online, mobile website, e-newspaper and, if you choose, home delivery of the print edition. After downloading the app, tap on the key icon to start your subscription, or you can also sign in to the app using your existing News Journal account.
• Up-to-the-minute local news.
• A robust experience for full-screen video and photo galleries.
• Sports, Business, Entertainment and Life coverage, in addition to commentaries and opinion columns.
• News alerts on the go.
• Current weather conditions and radar map
More about subscriptions:
- A subscription is 1 month for $14.99.
- Subscriptions automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
- Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase.
- You can turn-off auto-renewal at any time from your iTunes account settings after purchase.
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during the active subscription period.
- Please contact us if you have any problems accessing your subscription.
Our users are our priority, and we greatly value your feedback. We take every review and suggestion into consideration when designing our iPhone app, but we cannot answer reviews. Please reach out to us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What's New in Version 2.0.1
• Better navigation. Easily move between articles in a section with a swipe gesture.
• Breaking news alerts that take you to published articles. Simply tap on your news alert and get all of the details, right then and there.
• A re-designed weather page to keep you informed of the conditions at your immediate location
• Offline reading. Conveniently download stories for offline reading via the settings menu.
Making my job harder
I really dislike that the ability to email an article disappeared. I used that option a lot with what I do (VP of Communications for DANA). Now my job of monitoring news from this paper is actually harder. Where I used to be able to read on the go, I now find myself using the app less and looking online (when I can find the time).
I do like that you can interact better with pictures and captions.
Previous version better
Removed ability to email article.
Articles remain posted for several days and often there is the same story either twice or in two different articles.
Lots of info. Sometimes it's difficult to navigate to where you want to go, but nothing insurmountable.
- Category: News
- Updated: Jan 24, 2014
- Version: 2.0.1
- Size: 12.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Gannett
- © 2014 Gannett Co., Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- The News Journal Digital Subscription$14.99