Night Sky is a powerful AR personal planetarium.
Quickly identify stars, planets, constellations and satellites above by simply holding your iPhone, iPad or Apple Watch to the Night Sky! This is all done magically. Whether you’re looking for a constellation or the International Space Station, let Night Sky direct you to it, then explore the object in AR!
- NEW - AR OBJECT EXPLORATION - Pull Planets, Stars and Constellations out of the sky and look at them in AR! In Night Sky 6 we’ve enabled the ability to pull celestial objects out of the sky! The Object Exploration screen then creates a 3D object centre for you to explore in more detail. From here get detailed data, add a Siri Shortcut to the object and even share the object via iMessage etc... with USDZ! When you’re done just throw the object back into the Night Sky!
- NEW - NIGHT SKY SIRI SHORTCUTS - “Hey Siri, show me where the International Space Station is!”… with iOS 12 create a Siri Shortcut, then just ask Siri where any planet or even the ISS is, and Night Sky will direct you to it!
- NEW - AR GLASS CONSTELLATIONS WITH STAR DEPTH - Night Sky 6 brings all new even more detailed Glass Constellation models! Pull your favorite constellation from the sky and see it in 3D enabling you to see the depth and distance of the stars behind it!
- NEW - AR PLANETARY PORTALS (Premium Feature) - Step onto the surface of other planets by placing AR portals around your room! AR Portals also support shared experiences and persistence with ARKIt 2.0!
- NEW - PLANETARIUM VISITS - Find your nearest local planetarium from the new Planetarium feature. When visiting hold your device to any model or image of a planet and get instant access to a 3D model and more information on the object just like magic!
- AR GRAND ORRERY (Premium Feature) : With iOS 12 bring the Solar System into your home or classroom with the Grand Orrery feature and share the experience with other devices! Use augmented reality to walk around the entire solar system, manipulating time and space with your fingertips! A super powerful and super magical experience, only possible with Night Sky and iOS 12!
- NIGHT SKY TOURS (Premium Feature): Get a live tour or create your own tours for any location and time in the world! Just drop a pin on the world map, and Night Sky will generate a Sky Tour for that location and save it into My Tours for quick and easy access. Be sure to create a tour for your favorite camp site, and next summer vacation! Your tours are then synced via iCloud to view with Night Sky on tvOS and vice versa!
- MY SKY NOTIFICATIONS - Completely customize your notifications in Night Sky. Favorite any object from satellites to constellations, and be informed when that object is rising for your current location. Rich notifications appear on your iOS device with beautiful animations. You’ll always be aware when your favorite celestial objects are about to rise!
- POWERFUL SKY VIEW: Identify every celestial object, deep sky objects, beautiful Glass Constellations, Light Spectrum vision with mesmerising visuals, two finger gesture to increase or decrease Light Pollution, & seamless multilayered animated 3D models.
- AR ON APPLE WATCH: We have brought AR to Apple Watch. Simply raise your wrist to the sky to quickly identify stars, planets and constellations!
- + MANY MORE FEATURES!
Optional Night Sky Premium is available for $1.99/month or $9.99/year. You can subscribe and pay through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless cancelled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You can manage your subscriptions by entering the user settings in iTunes after the purchase. Auto-renew may also be turned off from here.
Terms and conditions: http://www.icandiapps.com/icandiapps/terms-conditions/
Thank you for using Night Sky! Version 6.2 brings the following changes:
+ Support for the new iPad Pro - Night Sky has been optimized for the new iPad Pro.
+ AR and Sky Blending improvements - AR and Sky Blending have been improved for the new iPad Pro, and iPhone XS, XR and XS Max to take advantage of better camera technology.
+ Additional bug fixes and enhancements.
Thank you for using Night Sky! If you enjoy using Night Sky, a great review on the App Store is appreciated. If there is anything we can do to help, please reach out to the team at Support@iCandiApps.com
Ratings and Reviews
This planetarium in your pocket makes it easy to discover the wonders of space wherever you go. Day or night, just aim your device skyward to see a live 3D map of the heavens, complete with beautifully illustrated constellations, stars, planets, and satellites. A special night mode helps you read the map in the dark, while integrated weather reports show the best times for stargazing. You can even have notifications alert you to future astronomical events.
Pure Universal Magic
I love this app especially the X-ray and other Light options, for just because our optical human eyes see things a certain way doesn’t make that all there is. Even other animals from our very same Mother Earth see Ultraviolet light and other aspects of the light spectrum. To paraphrase Nikola Tesla(and other great genius cosmonauts): The Universe is not dark empty space but rather Energy and Light as the Aether is everywhere. Just because we can’t see these aspects of the spectrum through your average telescope doesn’t make them unreal. So Thank You especially for putting the X-ray and other light options in your app, it’s very Awesome to be able to see these things with the physical eyes as well. Some of us are still only using our two outer eyes and forget to use all three. As the Mind’s Eye, the Third Eye- the pineal gland, is very real; fully functional in those who seek it, and can help us to experience the true nature of the Universes inside and outside. Especially when we keep the protection of the Universal Creator in our minds and hearts before traveling. Universal Love to Everything and Everyone- as from my(and many others) perspectives We Are All One. For the Entire Universe(in and outside) is always here with All of Us.
Thank you for your review! Happy stargazing!
If you don’t have this app you’re missing out.
I would have never known the International Space Station orbits the Earth about 15 times per day. I now watch it orbit twice just about every night. On non-cloudy nights anyway. It’s amazing. It’s like a star shooting across the night sky and Night Sky alerts us a couple minutes in advance then shows us exactly where to look. My 6 yr. old daughter has changed from wanting to be a veterinarian to wanting to be a space station driver. ;-)
Not sure if the main intention of this app is educational or to get kids dreaming of space travel but it does both very well. Only had it for a few days now so it will be fun to see what else it does. I imagine we have only scratched the surface. Definitely spend the $10 on the year membership. Jumping from planet to planet and seeing the sky and stars from their perspective is worth $100. We saw a planetarium show this week at the Tulsa Air and Space Museum. This app is like your own show. There is a ton of activity going on in the night sky. It’s so much more interesting and fun to see when you know what you’re looking at.
Thank you for your detailed review! Happy stargazing!
- iCandi Apps
- 581.1 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- English, Arabic, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © iCandi Apps Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- Night Sky Premium Monthly $1.99
- Night Sky Premium Annual $9.99
- Premium Monthly Discounted $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.