Night Sky 4
By iCandi Apps
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Night Sky 4 - Designed for iOS 10 & watchOS 3
From the creators of the original Night Sky app comes Night Sky 4, the most advanced and beautiful stargazing app ever created.
Quickly identify Stars, Planets, Constellations and Satellites above by simply holding your iPhone, iPad or Apple Watch to the Night Sky! This is all done magically. Whether you are looking for a constellation or the International Space Station, let Night Sky 4 direct you to it.
Night Sky 4 ventures into territories no stargazing app has ever gone to before. Land on the surface of the Moon and experience Moon Tours of the Apollo 11 and Apollo 15 landing sites.
Night Sky 4 is the most beautiful and advanced stargazing app available.
- Power Sky View with Glass Constellations: Completely re-engineered for iOS 10 using Metal with 115000 new celestial objects, beautiful Glass Constellations, new Light Spectrum vision with mesmerising visuals, two finger gesture to increase or decrease Light Pollution, & seamless multilayered animated 3D models.
- Magic comes to Apple Watch: We have brought Sky Tracking to Apple Watch in Night Sky 4 on watchOS 3. Simply raise your wrist to the sky to quickly identify stars, planets and constellations! As you lower your wrist you are presented with a Celestial Compass which gives you an overview of all the Stars and Planets currently visible around you. Use the Digital Crown to Space Travel forwards or backwards in time in Sky View and on the Celestial Compass. All-important celestial events happening above such as planet rise and set times, and ISS flyovers appear on your watch face in one Consolidated Complication. We’ve also added beautiful animated push notifications for the International Space Station and all planet rise and set times.
- Land on the Moon: Moon Tours - One giant leap for innovation. We’ve accurately recreated the Apollo 11 and Apollo 15 lunar landing sites in a 3D environment as they would appear if you we’re there today! You are able to explore yourself or be taken on a guided tour of the sites and learn interesting scientific and geographical facts about our Moon while you are actually on it. (Please note Moon Tours are only available on devices that support Metal rendering, iPhone 5S or newer, iPad Air or newer)
- Night Sky Tonight: Get a totally customized experience, Night Sky Tonight gives you an animated view of the sky above you from Sunset to Sunrise. You can scrub through the night to see all celestial events happening local to you. Within Night Sky Tonight get a breakdown of the stargazing conditions, light pollution, local stargazing sites, and also all planet rise and set times. You can even tap objects to get reminders, such as when Mars is rising, or when the International Space Station is next flying past!
- Latest News: Get regular updates about the Night Sky above from our very own astrophysicist and Night Sky Editor.
Optional Night Sky Premium is available for $0.99/month or $6.99/year. You can subscribe and pay through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless cancelled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You can manage your subscriptions by entering the user settings in iTunes after the purchase. Auto-renew may also be turned off from here.
Terms and conditions: http://www.icandiapps.com/icandiapps/terms-conditions/
What's New in Version 4.1.1
4.1.1 - Bug fixes.
Thank you for using Night Sky! Our 4.1 update is a big update and brings the following enhancements:
- New Copernicus Crater Moon Tour - We've added another Moon Tour for you to explore, the Copernicus Crater. Land on the Moon and explore lunar sites of interest. Only with the Night Sky Premium subscription.
- 3D models are now implemented for all Planets, Planetary Moons, our Moon and Sun! Simply tap the object in our Solar System for more information, or search for it, then tap the 3D button!
- Messier Objects are now mapped in the Sky View. Locate beautiful distant galaxies and tap them for more information.
- Smart Tips - if you haven't discovered or used a feature, Night Sky intelligently gives you a tip helping you to learn Night Sky in an unobtrusive way.
- Added a new graph in Night Sky Tonight which gives you the best day for stargazing at a glance for the next 5 days ahead. For Night Sky Premium subscribers only.
- Due to popular demand, the original Night Sky theme music 'Ypsilon' has returned as our 4th music track!
- Sky View enhancements - Improved orientation of some Glass Constellations. Improved Glass Constellation detail further. Enhanced constellation lines which now appear as standard. You can fully customize the Sky View in Preferences.
- Increased sensitivity of the object information button on iPhone 7/6S/6 Plus devices.
- Fixed a bug when daylight was sometimes represented incorrectly on Earth View.
- Satellites now disappear and reappear when using Space Travel according to their year of launch.
- Localization improvements.
- watchOS 3.1 push notification fixes.
- Many other bug fixes and enhancements.
If you enjoy using Night Sky a great review on the App Store is appreciated! If you have any questions, please reach out to our team at Support@iCandiApps.com
Used to be awesome. Not anymore.
Like other reviewers, I used to show this app off to my friends. It was AMAZING. I do know a lot of constellations but it was so interesting to see more. Now apparently I live in a black hole. There are no stars or constellations anywhere. Apparently I don't get to see them unless I pay money. Never mind that I got this as a free app of the week so it is supposed to be the premium version. Bad form! If it goes back to what it was, where I could at least see the constellations based on my location and time of year, that would be great and get a re-review. Have extras be subscription. But don't take away what I already had. I'd rate zero stars if I could.
This version is glitchy
This app used to be amazing and was the coolest on my iPhone. However after the recent updates it seems to be off as when I point to the sky it shows wrong direction. For example when I'm pointing north it shows as west, then it goes to a different wrong direction while I'm still facing north. My location is on and I'm connected to Wi-Fi and it still is giving me wrong direction.
This app was the best. I used to show off on my friends and family it was also somehow romantic when I'm with a girl.
Could you please fix this issue ?
A dream come true
I dreamed of something like this as a kid. This app is awesome! Point your phone at the sky and see what you're looking at. The amount of detail they have with planets, stars, constellations, satellites, and even the Milky Way makes this app beautiful and very useful. A must have for sky gazers!
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Nov 23, 2016
- Version: 4.1.1
- Size: 388 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: iCandi Apps
- © iCandi Apps Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Night Sky Premium Monthly$0.99
- Night Sky Premium Annual$7.99