The Oregon Trail
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
NOTE: We are aware of an issue that might prevent the game from running properly on iOS 7 or iOS 8. We apologize for any current inconvenience this may cause.
Embark on Gameloft's refreshing revisit of the classic game you used to play on Apple II now.
The press already love it. You’ll love it too.
**IGN: 8,5/10 + Editors's Choice Award: “A smart remake of the acclaimed classic, complete with fantastic new visuals. You'll jam on it for weeks."
**Pocket Gamer: 9/10 + Gold Award - "An example of how classic games can be remade for modern play without losing nostalgic lustre or alienating with outdated design"
**Touch Arcade: “The Oregon Trail for iPhone really does seem to make dysentary fun again!”
Westward, Ho! Your favorite pioneering adventure game is back and takes you to an exciting, historical side-scrolling adventure entirely rethought to fit the Touch experience of your iPhone / iPod touch.
REMEMBER AMERICA’S CULTURAL ICONIC GAME
- All of the decision-making and problem-solving fun of the original game.
- Prepare for your departure: Select the members of your party, choose your departure date and purchase supplies.
- Fun and educational! Historical references through real locations and famous characters from the past, plus historic facts perfectly explain the perilous journey of pioneers.
A WILDER EXPERIENCE THAN YOU'VE EVER PLAYED BEFORE
- 8 skill-based mini-games, including 2 accelerometer-based challenges: hunting, fishing, river crossing, rafting, wagon repairing, telegraph, berry picking, and gold panning.
- Random events (disease, bandits, hitchhikers, etc.) faced by real pioneers increases the challenge.
- Side-missions add more excitement to your journey, affecting your westward trek.
- Refreshed with modern, colored graphics in a cartoonish style.
UPDATED WITH FACEBOOK CONNECT
- Post your achievements on your Wall.
- Challenge your friends by inviting them to play The Oregon Trail with the Tell A Friend feature.
JOIN THE FAN COMMUNITY
- On Facebook at www.facebook.com/TheOregonTrail.
- On Twitter at twitter.com/TheOregonTrail.
Highly recommended for fans of retro gaming, edutainment, educational games, and strategy.
Certain apps allow you to purchase virtual items within the app and may contain third party advertisements that may redirect you to a third party site.
What's New in Version 1.9.8
Even more stuff to take you further on The Oregon Trail!
- Access the Store any time during the game from the in-game menu.
- New items, including materials, to combine to create new equipment, food, medicines to cure illnesses, covers to reduce food consumption, etc.
- Combine specific materials to create new equipment.
- Barter materials for other ones you need.
- Undertake additional missions that reward you in coins and equipment.
- Purchase buildings in towns to earn coins regularly during your journey.
Inaccessible to the blind, and impossible to report issues.
I personally do not review games very often. The only time I review games and other apps is if they are either very very good, or very very bad. I have to say, unfortunately, that this app is very very bad. I purchased it. Paid five dollars for it. I downloaded and installed it. I tried to launch it. And once it came up, I could not do anything. I am blind and use voice over. Sometimes, if I turn voiceover off and touch a few places on the screen, I can skip past and inaccessible intro, and then turn voiceover back on and play just fine. I attempted to do this. It did not work. Saddened by this fact, I thought I might reach out to the developer and make a suggestion that they get more information on making their game accessible using voice over. Many other developers have done so, and very successfully I might add. However, when I launched the app store, and went to the report a problem area, I could not find a way to send a message. There were ways to click on games for frequently asked questions, but honestly most of this was not very accessible either. I could tap on something, and sometimes it would open, and sometimes it would not. So, unfortunately, I have to rate this app as low as possible. I can't even ask for refund, because I can't get in touch with the developer.
Great Game, Too Expensive
Unlike a lot of people I don't have a problem with pay 2 play games. I just don't understand the logic of charging so much that it would literally cost hundreds of dollars to enjoy all the content of the game. There are thousands of people out there who love these kinds of games but don't even bother to download and try them anymore, simply because they know they can't afford the ridiculous cost of the premium content thats necessary to fully enjoy and get the most out of the game.
What doesn't make any sense to me is that devs and publishers never seem to consider a fact that should be blatantly obvious, and that is....if they would charge considerably less for the in app purchases (like $20 for the packs that currently cost $100) thousands of more people would play their games which would ultimately leads to much larger revenue for the company behind the game. It's not that hard to figure out, more volume means more money.
Maybe someday they'll figure it out.
Other than costing a fortune, this is one of the best games in the genre, it's just sad that so many people can't afford to enjoy it
Sworn off all Gameloft games
I have no disrespect for this game. It's rather fun and challenging at times, I love this game but HATE the developer.
I had a problem with my iPod a while back and had to restore it from a backup I made before I downloaded the app. Awhile later I went back to redownload it, it worked fine until it got to the end. "Oregon train cannot be downloaded at this time" was the message I was greeted to every time. I went to report the problem later on, on the Gameloft website.
They asked hundreds of strange questions that had nothing to do with my problem and then once I had written Everything down and had it ready to submit my web security system stopped me the second I hit enter. It said it had blocked the site because it was unsafe. This is about when I threw my keyboard at the wall. I went threw the whole system again and got the same result. Look Gameloft I love a lot of your games but sadly do to the fact you almost gave me a virus for telling you that I was having a problem with my game I have sworn off (almost) all Gameloft games ever. So if you want to buy a fun game I would say go ahead download it but if you want a game that won't give you a virus if you go to report a bug and works one hundred precent of the time, this is not the game for you. Sorry Gameloft but not sorry.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Aug 25, 2011
- Version: 1.9.8
- Size: 314 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese
- Seller: Gameloft
- © 2014 Gameloft. All Rights Reserved. © 2014 HMH Consumer Company, and its affiliates and licensors. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.1.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Small Cash Package$1.99
- Medium Cash Package$6.99
- Big Cash Package$11.99