A one-stop shop to support your child’s success from pre-K to 12th grade, the Parent Toolkit has helpful tips to work learning and a healthy lifestyle into your busy schedule. Produced by NBC News and sponsored by Pearson.
The Parent Toolkit has been accessibility tested and works with VoiceOver. It’s also available in Spanish and features:
• Academic benchmarks to see what your child is learning at each grade
• Tips to work learning into your everyday interactions with your child
• Health & Wellness recommendations on nutrition, physical activity and sleep
• Information to help you support your child’s social and emotional development - helping them to understand their own feelings and behaviors, as well as those of others
• Tips to encourage a healthy lifestyle for your growing child and ways to work proper nutrition and physical activity into your schedule
• Guides for parent-teacher conferences, school counselor meetings and a checklist for doctor’s office visits
• Original Video with tips for parents to support their child's development.
• Link to the latest NBC News education and parenting news as well as original Parent Toolkit blog posts
Enter your child’s grade to get information specifically for your child’s development level. Choose whether you want to browse through Academic Health & Wellness, or Social & Emotional benchmarks and tips.
Set priorities for you and your child to come back to using the Parent Toolkit. A priority is an item that you mark as important to your child’s development. It can be something you want to review later, or a tip you want to remember to try. Use the “+” button to mark items as priorities and create a list for review later. You can then mark items as completed once you’ve accomplished your goals. You can also share helpful information and tips throughout the app with family, friends, and more using social networks or email.
Download and get started today – it’s free!
Ability to present promotional content for users.
Ratings and Reviews
Great Concept Missing Key Featute
I sincerely wanted to love this app. Indeed, I have long hoped for app which would provide parents with a simple method of tracking their child's progression through academic benchmarks and skills.
And while this app does an amazing job of providing a simple interface and presents the various skills in an easy to understand manner -which is both informative and useful to parents- the app does not have any way of noting an individual child's progress or mastery other than the "notes" field. Nor does the app show parents the next level of skill development or how the skill relates to other domains.
Since this app is made by Pearson, who is supposed to be a leader in data driven educational decision making, I expected more.
Certainly, the Pearson company receives enough federal money and has done considerable lobbying in order to suggest they are a leader in education.
Plain and Simple:
The Parent Toolkit app states that it contains "checklists" and one of the features of a checklist is the ability to check when a task has been completed.
Absolutely Phenomenal App!!!
As an educator for over ten years, I have wanted to find a main resource/hub for parents that would help them best support their child academically. When I finally came across this the "Parent Toolkit", I was completely blown away, so much so that I plan on encouraging all of the parents who attend my upcoming speaking engagement on "Helping Your Child Succeed" to download it. This app is beyond helpful and any parent who wants to know how best to assist their child in the current grade level. Simply beautiful. I'm overjoyed to have found this app.
Great app for parents
Really good tips for parents with kids in school, and it's not just classroom stuff. I got some great tips on nutrition as well. Definitely adding a priority for more veggies in our house!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.