By Yan Rabovik
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Password solves the problem of choosing unique and secure passwords for all sites on which you are registered. All you need is remember one master password, and the app will create different passwords for each site.
The passwords are generated with a special algorithm from the combination of login, site and master password. They are not stored anywhere, so can not be lost or stolen. Just remember your master password.
- Why should I have different passwords for different sites?
- Because if one of the sites will be hacked the passwords for others will stay safe.
- If I use «The Password» on my iPhone, how do I login into a site from my computer, other phone, etc?
- There is a web version of the app at http://thepassword.org. You can use it from anywhere.
- How should the master password look like?
- We recommend to use at least 13-symbols length strong alphanumerical password that you can remember.
- Is there a way to get master password from a result password?
- No, except for a brute force search which is impossible in practice.
- What is the password generation algorithm?
- The result password is a MD5 hash of the concatenation of login, «@» symbol, site and master password.
I would simplify i bit and allowing enter only username or site to generate a password.
I would try out something less randomning like Security_F0r3v3r for instance.... Will help remember some pwds without the software
DO NOT USE!
This app DOES NOT hash correctly. His website & his app give different hashes for same data! His website hashes correctly though, just his app is wrong.
Example: Try 1 for username, 2 for site & 3 for master password, yes just single digit numbers.
Due to horrible programming in the app (not hashing correctly), avoid this app like the plague!
- Category: Productivity
- Released: Apr 21, 2011
- Version: 1.0
- Size: 0.1 MB
- Languages: English, Russian
- Seller: Yan Rabovik
- © 2011 Yan Rabovik
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.