IMPORTANT NOTE TO READERS: This application is NOT A PRINT REPLICA version of The Philadelphia Inquirer. For that app, please search for 'The Philadelphia Inquirer Digital Edition (Replica)' in the App Store.
Experience the award-winning Philadelphia Inquirer in a whole new way that combines the rich tradition of the Inquirer's brand of investigative journalism with the exploding popularity of news reading on tablets.
Built specifically for the iPad, the Inquirer application features exclusive reporting and commentary, world-class multimedia and much more from the largest and most trusted news source in the state of Pennsylvania.
The app features all of The Inquirer’s best reporting on a wide range of subjects including sports, politics, business, health, city and suburban news, entertainment, food and opinion. Read stories in an engaging, magazine-type format from our Pulitzer Prize-winning reporters, nationally renowned critics and columnists, and experience our full range of photo galleries and video much of which is exclusive to the tablet application.
You will also get live news updates from the Inquirer’s breaking news desk and from philly.com, which is the region's premier online destination for news employing a team of nearly 400 journalists.
The application also gives you a complete local weather forecast, and allows users to access editions of the past seven days for convenience.
Finally, the app allows you to get closer to our content by sharing your favorite stories directly from the app, and create social media conversations on Facebook and Twitter. You can also e-mail your favorite stories, and download your favorite content to read later on your tablet.
We want you to be able to try this app first, so please take advantage of the 7 FREE EDITIONS available to you before you must subscribe.
We hope you enjoy reading The Inquirer on your tablet, and we welcome your feedback on the experience at email@example.com.
• Subscriptions are 6 months for $29.99 or 12 months for $44.99, automatically renewed until canceled
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your Account Settings after purchase
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchases a subscription
Bug fixes and enhancements.
Ratings and Reviews
Downloaded current edition which included stories written a month ago. Settings button requires Facebook login which then doesn't work. Canceling subscription required going back to itunes app download page, which I had to figure out for myself. A complete waste of time and money.
The price for a 6 month subscription is going from 30 bucks to $170, and while I don't object to a price increase over time, such an extreme increase is absurd. I won't be renewing my subscription.
This is fraud!
Outdated stories populate home page for days, app is clumsy, broken, one can't navigate back from stories to sections. Whoever developed this is stealing money. I had to go back to iTunes to cancel my subscription.
- Philadelphia Media Network (Digital), LLC
- 5.2 MB
- Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Philadelphia Media Network, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- The Philadelphia Inquirer $169.99
- The Philadelphia Inquirer $27.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.