Please note: This app requires iPhone 6s or better, iPad Air 2 or better or iPad Mini 4 or better. Older devices are not supported.
Based on Ken Follett's world-bestseller, ‘The Pillars of the Earth’ retells the story of the village of Kingsbridge in a whole new interactive way. Play as Jack, Aliena and Philip and change the events of the book through exploration, decision-making and dialogues. This interactive novel is released in three 'books', containing 7 chapters each.
12th century, England: In a time of great poverty and war, a small town begins the construction of a cathedral to claim wealth and security for its people. In their struggle to survive, lives and destinies intertwine. Philip the monk becomes prior of the small abbey of Kingsbridge. At the same time, a boy called Jack is raised in the woods by his outlawed mother. His apprenticeship as a stonemason paves his way to become a gifted master builder. Together with the disgraced noblewoman Aliena, Jack and Philip begin the construction of one of the greatest cathedrals England will ever see.
- One of the most successful novels of all time
- Change events from the novel and influence the fates of its characters
- Follow an epic of war, conspiracies and romance spanning over 30 years
- Three different playable characters: Jack the outsider, Aliena the noblewoman and Philip the monk
- Brings the 12th century to life with over 200 handpainted backgrounds
- Fully animated in a unique 2D style
- Orchestral Soundtrack by the FILMharmonic Orchestra, Prague
- With a special appearance by Ken Follett as the voice of the Cantor
Added Turkish language subtitles
Ratings and Reviews
Sets a very high standard in the gaming world!
This is an amazing game. It felt like I was in the story, making history. I had NO glitches whatsoever. Very easy controls. I played on iPad Pro had lots of room on device. The controls are simple enough for a small child to use. I look forward to the next chapters and may play it again as it was that good. It would be the first game that I ever replayed a game in 30 some years. I recommend it to those who enjoy a good adventure game and a good story plus amazing sound and art work. Be prepared to not want to stop though and it’s not a two hour game. Impressive in every way! Can’t imagine how it’s not a 5 star rating or higher! I will watch for more games by this developer. My review although I sent it never viewed in reviews I am resending it before contacting the store. What’s up with that? I’ve never had this problem before. Waiting for the next chapters!
Totally worth it!
I first got the game for my PC and I love it, though I have not completed the game yet. So once I saw it was available on the App Store I got excited and bought it. I am not disappointed, it’s great export and I get to play the game on the go. My only problems are that at times the audio can randomly cut out and I will have to restart the game, I’m having problems with touch controls, I don’t mean they sometimes don’t work, I actually can’t click anything. Maybe I can figure out the issue. And at times I’m also having problems with saves. The saves are sometimes not working and take me to a black screen with some random questionable audio. Over all I’m satisfied and I can’t wait until the next part comes out on the App Store!
I don’t know what the other reviewers are talking about. I played the whole game, no issues with controls. There’s a tutorial at the very beginning to teach how to navigate. It’s not complicated. The puzzles are a lot of fun, but you’re not spending 30 minutes trying to figure them out. The music is really pretty, the art is nice, the characters are really loveable. Your choices actually make a difference in the storyline. You could easily replay it again and again. You can save at any point and have a lot of save slots. So as long as you save, you can go back to whichever part you want to replay.
- Daedalic Entertainment Gmbh
- 3 GB
- Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Polish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- ©2018, 1989 Daedalic Entertainment GmbH and Ken Follett. The Daedalic logo is a registered trademark of Daedalic Entertainment GmbH. All rights reserved.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.