The Proposal was designed by sales professionals who needed an efficient way to generate proposals for their clients in real time. There were a few other estimating or proposal apps already in the marketplace but they all lacked essential features. The Proposal was born!…
We are committed to enhancing The Proposal going forward to make it an even more effective and powerful sales tool for you and your business!
- Versatile 64-bit design that can be used for any industry by any salesperson
- Supports independent Sales Reps and multiple manufacturer product and service price lists
- Import your company’s logo & contact information
- Add full summary for scope of work
- Undo/Redo buttons for editing proposal scope
- Adjustable scope text size so you can see more of what you write.
- Import client's logo & address from your contacts or the web
- Save footer, company address & logo as defaults
- Save and search as many client proposals as you can create
- Proposals are searchable & sortable and can be backed up from your iPad
- Import dealer/vendor price sheets
- Export proposals as a full page PDF
- Export proposals as PDF or RTF files to Dropbox
- Print proposals using AirPrint
- Email proposals to client
- Import and edit proposals as full RTF to your computer word processing program
- Set sales tax or use Tax Exempt
- Add discount percentage by item or entire project
- Easily save and copy proposals for later review and reuse
- Easily draft custom proposals using defined presets for opening, terms, body and closing statements in the proposal scope
- Set markup percentage for all hardware & labor for specific items or all items
- Add hardware (brand, model, description, cost, markup & price) to your inventory
- Add labor skills (title, description, hourly rate, daily rate and markup) to your inventory
- GPS logging to track location of all your clients (all logs stored only on your iPad which we will never access!)
- Preview all hardware, labor, totals, cost, markup discount & profit for a proposal on one screen
- Proposals may be signed by the provider and/or the customer on screen
- Lock a proposal to protect it from changes selectively or automatically upon customer signature
- Set the proposal to “client view” to hide all profit and markup information from your customer
- Full support of the euro
- Split single sales tax setting into separate product and service settings
- Suitable for development of invoices, shipping lists, etc.
- Ability to selectively display or hide unit costs and totals
This is the first proposal app to not only include such a broad and expansive feature set, but also provide a powerful database backend to support your dealer/vendor confidential data for easy access while on-site.
What people are saying:
"Phenomenal application. Well done." -Piscesqt11
"You guys created THE app I have been waiting for, for a looking time! Regards from The Netherlands" - Anna M. B.
"Great Program!" -Terry C.
"Love the app!" -Omar H.
"I am really liking the app." - Shawn W.
"I have downloaded Your app and I think it's great!" -Remco F.
NOTE: The Proposal is powerful and provides an easy means to create proposals. It is not a full-fledged word processor or spreadsheet program and does not support text formatting, page layouts, or adjusting the appearance and calculations used in price lists. The app provides an attractive and professional fixed layout along with options to enable or disable output of certain items such as a cover sheet, footer, price subtotals, and taxes, and to change the font family used in your proposals. You can also export your proposal draft to a word processor document for further refinement, for that special high-value proposal. Please see a typical proposal output layout in the screen snapshots below or at http://matrixis.com/theproposalapp/.
Bug fix for iOS 12: proposals were truncating bottom lines of text in price table cells (in PDFs for preview, save, or email) when using certain low-descender fonts.
The proposal search function is enhanced with match highlighting. Also fixed a bug causing crash when typing fast in the search box.
Relaxed import requirements for price sheets a bit, to allow “each” as a unit, and different capitalizations and plural forms of material, labor, service, product, and markup in the price sheet column headers – just to make simple errors less likely.
Fixed a file selection bug: browsing subdirectories failed when opening a file. i.e. user could open a file in backups/ but not in backups/2016/ - navigating into 2016 created an error, with no way out but to cancel.
Updated documentation for deleting a proposal – you must now slide the title left to display the delete button, not in either direction.
Fixed an upside-down launch screen issue, which was appearing when starting the app with the iPad locked in portrait orientation.
Altered database restoration behavior to begin a new backup cycle upon loading a new database. It was typically prompting to backup immediately (depending on the settings and last backup date recorded in the new database).
Fixed an occasional instance of corruption of settings. We also added code to detect settings corruption and repair when found.
Ratings and Reviews
Love this app
I’ve been using this app for years and I always get compliments on how professional my proposals look. If I had one wish it would be the re-arranging my pre-sets in a different order. Awesome app, 5 stars, if I could give more stars I would.
First App review
I don’t really review anything but this app has defiantly made my life easy. Once you are set up you can send out proposals in minutes. I have a medium size company and we use it daily.
This app is feature rich with a ton of flexibility. The end results give you a polished and professional look. Even allows you to import excel spreadsheet pricing, include images, adjust tax, markup, discounts and so on. Too many features to list really. If you need to make adjustments to your proposal later on, it's simple and easy to do. Bottom line, if you're looking for an app with a large amount of flexible options, this is it. No more cookie cutter/fill in the blank forms that limit you or don't have features you want. This should be your only purchase. I did request an invoicing feature so that you could invoice for additional expenses at a later date without having to redo your original proposal. They said it was something that will be added in the next couple of months. And, I must say that the support for this is timely and professional which is a breath of fresh air compared to some other apps we've purchased in the past. Keep up the great work guys.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.