Download our app and get 24/7 access to in-depth news, politics, business, lifestyle and sports coverage from our award-winning newsroom. In addition, our local Breaking News Alerts mean that you’ll always be the first to know about the important issues facing our community.
The Providence Journal has been keeping Rhode Islanders in-the-know since 1829. With our app, you will be informed, prepared, and up-to-date with in-depth news analysis and breaking news as it happens.
The app is free to download, and all users can access a sampling of articles per month. Subscribers get full access to all content in-app, plus unlimited access to providencejournal.com and the electronic replica of the newspaper, with a digital subscription.
Subscribe now for 99¢ for the first month!*
Digital Subscription Options:
• Monthly Renewal - unlimited digital access for 99¢ for the first month renewing at $11.99 per month. Cancel anytime.
• Annual Renewal - unlimited digital access for $69.99 per year. Cancel anytime.
Your payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. Your subscription will automatically renew each month or year 24-hours before the end of the current period, and your credit card will be charged through your iTunes account unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account settings.
Terms of Service: http://www.gatehousemedia.com/terms_of_use
* Promotional offers for new subscribers only. Smartphone and tablet apps are not supported on all devices. Prices shown are in U.S. dollars. Other restrictions apply.
Smoother scrolling through articles and galleries, bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Crassly focused on advertisers first
Designed to be always shifting content by rotataing ads, this app makes the articles really difficult to find and read because your place is always changing. ProJo, remember that without readers your ads have no value. Redesign the app so content stays in place. If not, I’ll just stop reading and rely on your competitors.
Ads Ads Ads ..
Wasn’t a bad news app. I pay for the iPad app for the daily newspaper and is well worth it. But as I’m told they don’t offer anything like that for the iPhone.
Problem: The Ads are do bad that they take over the article. You spend more time trying to get rid of the ads so you can read the article.
I’m deleting this app..
Because of this problem this news App is Worthless. DON’T WASTE YOUR TIME..
You should get rid of the company who does you advertising.. that causes this to happen.
Where’s the journal
I wanted the version that replicated the print version. This new update is confusing. I liked seeing the front page news and then selecting the sections. This is a huge disappointment. I may delete it as it is not useful
- GateHouse Media, Inc.
- 55.6 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © Copyright 2006-2019 GateHouse Media, LLC. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Providence Journal - Annual $69.99
- Subscription $11.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.