The Quest is a beautifully hand-drawn open world role playing game with old school grid-based movement and turn based combat.
In the kingdom of Monares trouble is brewing. The governor of Freymore is missing and the island is in tumult. The mages all prophesy a dark shadow looming over the safety of the kingdom. As an Agent of the king, it's your job to find out what is happening and avert any danger.
Choose from five customizable races and an array of skills, weapons, armor and enchantments, and explore a huge world of four cities and a wilderness of mountains, caves, lakes and forests – full of mystery, magic and intriguing challenges. Meet the many inhabitants, each with its own agenda and attitude towards your character. Some will be helpful, some greedy or lascivious or just plain mean. You will have many choices, including some that may place you against the law, along your way to the dramatic ending of your own choosing.
- Pursue a long and dramatic main story and solve many optional side quests.
- Create a highly customizable character and cast dazzling spells, enchant powerful items, concoct potent potions and persuade people to further your goals.
- Discover an open world with interesting locales, day/night cycle, weather, fascinating people, dangerous creatures, readable books, pick-able locks, repairable items, houses that can be broken into, dungeons, traps and much more.
- Play an absorbing card game with three different decks, accessible at the inns.
- Required version for "Hero of Lukomorye IV" expansion.
- [Macha's Curse]: Nieve the Tailor in Mourne Village now trains Light Weapon.
Ratings and Reviews
I have just about every expansion to The Quest (now called “Classic”), simply because there is so much to do you can easily spend several hundred hours alone on this game. I bought the new and improved Quest because why not? It’s the best thing on the App Store ever! The drawings are more crisp and clear, the movements are more smooth, and I even noticed several gameplay improvements from the “Classic,” such as the card game AI seems to be not much of a pushover anymore (small things like that). I haven’t played that much on this new game (but I still bought four expansions), but there are a few things that keep this review from becoming the five star it deserves. No map markers to show quest points, no updating journals (or even a description of where the objectives are located), a few other nitpicking details that just seems odd not to have on here, especially with an updated game. Don’t get me wrong, this isn’t a game ending problem (although later on in the game, especially on the expansions, quest locations are far apart and sometimes complicated), but you WILL need to write certain objectives down in order to keep track of what you need to do. Once you forget only google will save you.
Weapon Bobbing Bug
This is the best RPG I’ve played on iOS, and I’ve tried many, however I noticed a bug with the weapon bobbing animation. When the “faster movement and turning” option is unchecked and the player moves forward for a long time, the player’s held weapon graphics gradually move lower and lower on the screen until they disappear. Activating an inventory, or other screen moves the weapon(s) back into place. If this is fixed, the game will be perfect!
Awesome and Addicting
I had low expectations for this since times have changed so much from classic RPGs to what we have now. That being said I play this game more than anything on my gaming PC or on my PS4. It’s incredibly addicting and loads of fun. The card game is amazing in itself and I spend hours playing that alone. Well worth the money. I can’t wait to get into the expansions! I’m so glad there’s so many of them! This isn’t a time filler game; it’s a game you make time for. Kudos, Devs!
- Vilya, BT.
- 344.2 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2016 Redshift
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.