The Quest is a beautifully hand-drawn open world role playing game with old school grid-based movement and turn based combat.
In the kingdom of Monares trouble is brewing. The governor of Freymore is missing and the island is in tumult. The mages all prophesy a dark shadow looming over the safety of the kingdom. As an Agent of the king, it's your job to find out what is happening and avert any danger.
Choose from five customizable races and an array of skills, weapons, armor and enchantments, and explore a huge world of four cities and a wilderness of mountains, caves, lakes and forests – full of mystery, magic and intriguing challenges. Meet the many inhabitants, each with its own agenda and attitude towards your character. Some will be helpful, some greedy or lascivious or just plain mean. You will have many choices, including some that may place you against the law, along your way to the dramatic ending of your own choosing.
- Pursue a long and dramatic main story and solve many optional side quests.
- Create a highly customizable character and cast dazzling spells, enchant powerful items, concoct potent potions and persuade people to further your goals.
- Discover an open world with interesting locales, day/night cycle, weather, fascinating people, dangerous creatures, readable books, pick-able locks, repairable items, houses that can be broken into, dungeons, traps and much more.
- Play an absorbing card game with three different decks, accessible at the inns.
- [HOL III]: The player can now sneak into the jail by a grate in the mid-north of Pokygrad Center.
Ratings and Reviews
I have just about every expansion to The Quest (now called “Classic”), simply because there is so much to do you can easily spend several hundred hours alone on this game. I bought the new and improved Quest because why not? It’s the best thing on the App Store ever! The drawings are more crisp and clear, the movements are more smooth, and I even noticed several gameplay improvements from the “Classic,” such as the card game AI seems to be not much of a pushover anymore (small things like that). I haven’t played that much on this new game (but I still bought four expansions), but there are a few things that keep this review from becoming the five star it deserves. No map markers to show quest points, no updating journals (or even a description of where the objectives are located), a few other nitpicking details that just seems odd not to have on here, especially with an updated game. Don’t get me wrong, this isn’t a game ending problem (although later on in the game, especially on the expansions, quest locations are far apart and sometimes complicated), but you WILL need to write certain objectives down in order to keep track of what you need to do. Once you forget only google will save you.
Great IPhone RPG game
I’m not sure what the last reviewer was looking for. This is no Diablo, but for a great RGP experience you can play on a phone with one hand, there is no better. Stories are entertaining, and the battles are challenging. Great expansions too, and lots of them. Easy to play for 5 minutes or for 30. And turn based is good for me.
If I have a couple of hours to invest at a time, I also play more challenging RPGs. But for casual gaming, Redshift games are perfect.
Classic, yet boring.
This game borrows a lot from classic CRPGs of the 90s. Unfortunately, it also borrows a lot of the bad things that were largely bred out of modern RPGs for a reason: no quest map markers, lackluster (and largely non-updating) quest journal, very monotonous turn-based combat, nonsensical quest endings, “time wasting” quests, non-disarmable traps, etc.
The game really tries to give that Daggerfall vibe. But, it just feels like the questionable design decisions hold it back from being entertaining.
- Vilya, BT.
- 317.4 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2016 Redshift
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.