Connect to the Raleigh News & Observer newspaper’s app wherever you are.
Receive the latest local and breaking news from Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill and the Triangle area in North Carolina. The N&O and NewsObserver.com report on the local topics you care about, including local weather, traffic, crime, sports and national news.
Features of the app include:
• Breaking news alerts and real-time updates.
• The local news and sports topics you care about from around the Triangle area.
• View stunning photos and galleries of news coverage and events. •
The News & Observer opinions, editorials and columns you love.
• Ability to share stories and galleries on Facebook, Twitter or by email.
• EXTRAS: Your subscription to The News & Observer app comes with complimentary web access to newsobserver.com, as well as access to the eEdition. Subscribe to the app now and get your first two weeks free. Monthly and annual subscriptions are available for $12.99 per month or $129.99 per year and include unlimited digital access to The News & Observer app, eEdition and newsobserver.com.
Your credit card will not be charged until after the two-week free trial.
Your subscription will automatically renew each month or year 24-hours before the end of the current period, and your credit card will be charged through your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account settings. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
Read our Terms of Service here: http://www.newsobserver.com/customer-service/terms-of-service/
We fixed some bugs that caused articles to be cut off and not display in full.
Ratings and Reviews
We subscribe because we like to read the paper - on paper. We do not subscribe so the carrier may deliver when he/she wishes, forcing us to read the paper online. If we were regularly to read it online, we would not need the print edition. And in fact we are not really sure we need the print edition anymore anyway, since more and more print edition copy has already appeared online by the time we see it in print.
Also what happened to your commitment to the communities you serve? Who in Raleigh cares to read extensively about Charlotte or even Durham? We subscribe to the Raleigh paper. Give us coverage of Raleigh - thorough coverage, including arts and culture in our city - and not just bus-&-truck shows and presentations by your remaining big advertisers. Service should be the name of your game.
subscription login does not work
The News & Observer does local and state news really well, but this app needs some work. The new and much-highlighted subscription login system does not work—I enter my digital subscription info, and it can’t find it. I try to get a new password, and I am told I don’t have an account. I tap for customer support, nothing happens. When introducing a new feature like this, please make sure it actually works before releasing it the day before a holiday. At least I haven’t had any issues actually reading articles, even though I can’t log in...
“Breaking News” ?!?
“Breaking News” has a freakishly huge definition nowadays, and this app and its push notification has managed to expand it even more. I understand there’s a toggle option to turn off push notifications entirely, but I still want to be aware of local “Breaking News” (the narrower version). Maybe a great solution would an option to select specific notification topics within the app (Ex: the option to turn off the three notifications that UNC men’s basketball beat Pitt... huzzah?!).
- McClatchy Interactive
- 65.6 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2018 The News & Observer Publishing Company. All Rights Reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Montly Subscription $12.99
- Annual Subscription $129.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.