The Ready App
By Ready Houston
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"Houston-area residents are no strangers to emergencies. Our location along the Gulf Coast, in combination with our status as one of the nation’s industrial centers leaves us vulnerable to many natural and man-made hazards. When emergencies occur, our daily lives can be disrupted, having serious effects on our families, friends, and neighbors.
This is why preparedness is important. Having the knowledge, skills, and abilities to respond to a disaster is everyone’s job. Houstonians can do this by following a four-step preparedness process: making an emergency plan, having an emergency kit, being informed about disasters, and helping members of your community prepare themselves.
The Ready App is the Houston Region’s official emergency preparedness iOS application, brought to you by the City of Houston Office of Public Safety and Homeland Security. Its goal is to provide an all-inclusive, singular mobile resource for Houston-area residents to access accurate and timely information before and in the event of an emergency. For more information, visit readyhoustontx.gov.
- Receive local weather and public health alerts
- Make a plan and keep track of your family and emergency contacts
- Build a kit, track your supplies and receive notices when it’s time to restock
- Stay Informed with direct access to emergency radio, news and weather updates
- Gain more information and watch videos on disaster preparedness
- Use the emergency alert to notify your emergency contacts of your location"
- Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 1.1
1. Added Evacuation Zip-Zone Map.
2. Bug Fixes.