The Recipe Box To Go — Your Pocket, Your Recipes
By Corpus Collusion
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Create, display, and manage your very own recipes with one of the best loved recipe managers in the app store. The Recipe Box To Go lets you pull up your recipes whenever the mood strikes, so you can shop for tonight's dinner or share with friends. This 21st-century cooking tool helps you get your recipes into a quickly-sorted, easily shared format that can’t be misplaced, covered in stains, or catch on fire.
New and Notable January 2012 — iTunes App Store
• One-touch Instant Import from dozens of popular websites
(See support site for list)
• Transfer recipes from any email or text document with copy and paste
• Fully flexible entry fields allow for imperial or metric units
• Write notes while you cook without leaving the display screen
• Swap and sync with other users or other devices with Recipe Link
• Search for multiple ingredients simultaneously
• Cross-reference recipes in multiple categories
• Sort and rate recipes
• Email ingredients as a clickable shopping list
• Email import/export and printing
• Access your recipes without an Internet connection
• Back up recipes through iTunes file sharing
• Luscious typography and professional layout design
• Switch easily between multiple recipes while tracking the current step
• Highlight steps in the directions with a tap
• Dim ingredients as you gather them
• Tutorials to guide you through various functions
• Quickly send feedback or ask questions
Please write to us with your questions!
If you’re having an issue with using the app, we’re here to help. If you leave your questions here on the iTunes reviews, we have no way to write you back. Also, don’t forget to check the website for our tutorials and FAQs which we are always working to improve based on your feedback!
What's New in Version 3.0
iOS 7 only features:
— No setup Recipe Link makes it easy to share recipes over Bluetooth or adhoc WiFi. (Must be on same WiFi network under previous versions of iOS.)
— Use text size in system settings to change recipe content size.
— App relaunches to previous location.
— New icon pairs well with multitasking snapshot.
— Bright clean new look.
— Instant import refinement.
One of the few apps I've actually made the effort to review because I am so impressed with it. It does exactly what I wanted in an app like this, it super simple and really quick. I love all the information. The one thing I would change, and this is just my mind probably, is the prep time and total time. I would prefer a prep time and cook time option, the total time to me implies prep and cook so it's a little redundant so have prep then total time versus prep and cook. Also the web import option for pictures is a little dodgy it just seems to be a crapshoot of what picture I actually get so I just save the image and upload it that way.
This app is just what I needed - helps me keep track of recipes I've used and loved and the ones I want to try soon. I always seem to spontaneously end up grocery shopping on my way home so no need to death around for the recipe I found online, I have it right here on my phone. Love being able to edit recipes from online and input my own touches. Good stuff. Only drawback is the design is a little Betty Crocker for me (dark red and swirls ... Well, aesthetics don't matter here!). I also deleted 100% of the preloaded recipes... Very 1950s stuff lol! Anise cookies?? "Rice and Chicken with Awesome Sauce"?? Anyway great usability and convenience, good price.
You are not going to find a better app for downloading all your recipes with pictures! I have looked for months & this is the best available!! Easy to use! Haven't tried transferring my recipes on my iPad to my iPhone yet. Am a little nervous as I have over 500 recipes downloaded on my iPad & I don't want to lose them. The only question I have is how many recipes can be downloaded on this app?? Can't seem to find that answer anywhere on this site? Does anyone know?