The Recipe Box To Go — Your Pocket, Your Recipes
By Kathleen Tafel
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Create, display, and manage your very own recipes with one of the best loved recipe managers in the app store. The Recipe Box To Go lets you pull up your recipes whenever the mood strikes, so you can shop for tonight's dinner or share with friends. This 21st-century cooking tool helps you get your recipes into a quickly-sorted, easily shared format that can’t be misplaced, covered in stains, or catch on fire.
New and Notable January 2012 — iTunes App Store
• One-touch Instant Import from dozens of popular websites
(See support site for list)
• Transfer recipes from any email or text document with copy and paste
• Fully flexible entry fields allow for imperial or metric units
• Write notes while you cook without leaving the display screen
• Swap and sync with other users or other devices with Recipe Link
• Search for multiple ingredients simultaneously
• Cross-reference recipes in multiple categories
• Sort and rate recipes
• Email ingredients as a clickable shopping list
• Email import/export and printing
• Access your recipes without an Internet connection
• Back up recipes through iTunes file sharing
• Luscious typography and professional layout design
• Switch easily between multiple recipes while tracking the current step
• Highlight steps in the directions with a tap
• Dim ingredients as you gather them
• Tutorials to guide you through various functions
• Quickly send feedback or ask questions
Please write to us with your questions!
If you’re having an issue with using the app, we’re here to help. If you leave your questions here on the iTunes reviews, we have no way to write you back. Also, don’t forget to check the website for our tutorials and FAQs which we are always working to improve based on your feedback!
What's New in Version 5.0.2
iOS 9 compatibility including fixing instant import.
Just what I wanted
This app does everything I wanted. Well worth it, easy to use. Syncs nicely between my iPhone and iPad. Nice to have the recipes with me in the store if I think of something I want to make and can't remember all the ingredients or quantities. I love the instant import. I only wish the shopping list could link with my shopping app, grocery g.
Update. After the latest update I can't share my recipes between my iPad and phone. I tried contacted them but all I hear are crickets. I'll keep it because I have a lot of recipes but sure hope it gets updated correctly.
Love this app!
It is quick and easy to import recipes from the web. I plan weekly menus by "bookmarking" them, which makes it easy for any member of my family to find and cook dinner. I can share family favorite recipes with my college aged daughter. You can capture one photo but sometimes I do wish I could add several for step by step preparation details. Nevertheless this app is used several times a week from meal planning to making a quick grocery list. Age 13 to non tech hubby can use it easily.
Terrible customer service
I PAID for this app and LOST all my recipes. I had a back up file but I had to reload iPad software. Now I can't reload JUST that file to the app. Per their instructions I have to "restore from backup in iTunes" which restores ALL the files, including the corrupt ones that caused my problems. I've tried emailing them and get generic responses. I've tried sending a message through Facebook, no response. Now I've spent two years loading recipes and they're lost. I've got a file on my computer but other than printing, I'm screwed. Don't get this app if you might ever have software trouble and expect someone... Anyone? to get back to you for help