The Recipe Box - Your Kitchen, Your Recipes
By Kathleen Tafel
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Create, display, and manage your very own recipes with one of the best loved recipe managers in the app store. The Recipe Box is all you need to build a fantastic looking digital cookbook you’ll use every day.
Developed by foodies who love their iPad, this 21st-century cooking tool helps you get your recipes into a quickly-sorted, easily shared format that can’t be misplaced, covered in stains, or catch on fire. "The perfect tool for serious cooks" — @AppStore
Watch our demo video!
“Attention to small details makes The Recipe Box stand apart from its competition.” — PadGadget
“The Recipe Box is easily the best cooking tool app on the market today.” — AppAdvice.com
“For home cooks… a welcome addition to the iPad’s kitchen repertoire” — iPad 'n Gravy
New and Notable, Staff Favorite — iTunes App Store
• One-touch Instant Import from more than 80 popular recipe sites
(See support site for list)
• Capture data from any unsupported website quickly and easily
• Transfer recipes from any email or text document with copy and paste
• Fully flexible entry fields allow for imperial or metric units
• Use The Recipe Box Keyboard to tap in shortcuts for cooking terms
• Write notes while you cook without leaving the display screen
• Swap and sync with other users or other devices with Recipe Link
• Search for multiple ingredients simultaneously
• Cross-reference recipes in multiple categories
• Sort and rate recipes
• Email ingredients as a clickable shopping list
• Email import/export and printing
• Access your recipes without an Internet connection
• Back up recipes through iTunes file sharing
• Luscious typography and professional layout for iOS7
• Focus on ingredients and instructions with no-distractions cook layout
• Switch easily between multiple recipes while tracking the current step
• Highlight steps in the directions with a tap
• Dim ingredients as you organize them
• Recipe ingredients, instructions, and notes respond to Text Size in iPad Settings.
• Tutorials to guide you through various functions
• Feature maps
• Quickly send feedback or ask questions
Please write to us with your questions!
If you’re having an issue with using the app, we’re here to help. If you leave your questions here on the iTunes reviews, we have no way to write you back. Also, don’t forget to check the website for our tutorials and FAQs which we are always working to improve based on your feedback!
What's New in Version 5.0.1
Small improvements including:
— Save photos from the camera
— Shopping list responds to dynamic text
— Full special keyboard in landscape orientation
— Save categories on more than one recipe
— Improved speed when switching lists
— Improved Recipe Link speed
— More iOS 8 compatibility
— Instant Import improvements
— Faster download
Must have for home cooks
This is easily my most go to app on my iPad and iPhone. It's semi-editable shopping list feature makes it easy to create and adjust my shopping list so I never forget anything or buy something I already have while at the store. My only wish is that it could combine like items from multiple recipes instead of just listing it again. The easy import feature makes it a snap to import recipes from the web, it even includes the photo! The syncing feature seamlessly keeps my iPhone version up to date so I don't have to take my iPad shopping with me and I especially love that I can access my recipes without having to be connected. It's easy and reliable. I recommend it to anyone who loves to cook.
Update: Thank you so much for fixing the bluetooth keyboard problem that caused the measurements bar not to come up when the on-screen keyboard didn't show up. Now, the bar pops up automatically when I connect my keyboard to type and I can enter my measurement symbols without having to turn my keyboard on and off continuously. Thanks!!!
I love this app! It makes it so easy to collect and share your favorite recipes. I particularly like the fact that it's not clogged up with a whole bunch of recipes I will never use, just the stuff I actually want. And at the top of my list of favorite features is the ability to customize my own categories.
Great Purchase! Love it!
I really love this app. I like how easy it is to transfer recipes and lists to my phone app. I also love how it looks. I am always using it for figuring out my weekly meals. I chose my meals,add ingredients to grocery list. Then I bookmark the recipes for the week. Then when I have completed the meals that week I just take it off bookmark. This is an easy way for me to find and save my meals for that week. I am truly glad that I purchased this app. I really like how the recipe is highlighted for each step. This makes it so easy to follow. Would love a way to plan meals for a month.
- Category: Food & Drink
- Updated: Jun 17, 2015
- Version: 5.0.1
- Size: 15.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Kathleen Tafel
- © 2011-2015 Corpus Collusion
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.