The Recipe Box - Your Kitchen, Your Recipes
By Kathleen Tafel
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Create, display, and manage your very own recipes with one of the best loved recipe managers in the app store. The Recipe Box is all you need to build a fantastic looking digital cookbook you’ll use every day.
Developed by foodies who love their iPad, this 21st-century cooking tool helps you get your recipes into a quickly-sorted, easily shared format that can’t be misplaced, covered in stains, or catch on fire. "The perfect tool for serious cooks" — @AppStore
Watch our demo video!
“Attention to small details makes The Recipe Box stand apart from its competition.” — PadGadget
“The Recipe Box is easily the best cooking tool app on the market today.” — AppAdvice.com
“For home cooks… a welcome addition to the iPad’s kitchen repertoire” — iPad 'n Gravy
New and Notable, Staff Favorite — iTunes App Store
• One-touch Instant Import from more than 80 popular recipe sites
(See support site for list)
• Capture data from any unsupported website quickly and easily
• Transfer recipes from any email or text document with copy and paste
• Fully flexible entry fields allow for imperial or metric units
• Use The Recipe Box Keyboard to tap in shortcuts for cooking terms
• Write notes while you cook without leaving the display screen
• Swap and sync with other users or other devices with Recipe Link
• Search for multiple ingredients simultaneously
• Cross-reference recipes in multiple categories
• Sort and rate recipes
• Email ingredients as a clickable shopping list
• Email import/export and printing
• Access your recipes without an Internet connection
• Back up recipes through iTunes file sharing
• Luscious typography and professional layout for iOS7
• Focus on ingredients and instructions with no-distractions cook layout
• Switch easily between multiple recipes while tracking the current step
• Highlight steps in the directions with a tap
• Dim ingredients as you organize them
• Recipe ingredients, instructions, and notes respond to Text Size in iPad Settings.
• Tutorials to guide you through various functions
• Feature maps
• Quickly send feedback or ask questions
Please write to us with your questions!
If you’re having an issue with using the app, we’re here to help. If you leave your questions here on the iTunes reviews, we have no way to write you back. Also, don’t forget to check the website for our tutorials and FAQs which we are always working to improve based on your feedback!
What's New in Version 5.1
• iPad Pro support
—More recipes in list view.
—Larger recipe font means you can see from farther away.
—Larger recipe image.
—See more while entering a recipe.
—Special shortcut keyboard fits better in a shorter space.
• iOS 9 improvements including instant import.
Unhappy with latest update
I love most features of this app and have been using it for several years. However the latest version has two new features which are annoying to the degree that I would consider using another app if I didn't have all of my recipes already stored in this one. The new larger font is too large and gets over-crowded making for poorer not better legibility as was intended. The other is the lost of the picture and other functions (editing, bookmarking, etc) that was available on the ingredients-direction page. They were handy right there but now I have to toggle back and forth which is very annoying. Please revise back or at least give the option to chose these features.
Love love love this app
I love this app. I cook a lot. I now have all my recipes loaded and have done away with my card file. It makes searching the web and down loading, editing, creating shopping lists, sharing and sorting recipes so easy. Best of all I can take everything with me so when I change my mind on whats for dinner, it makes it quick to put a new shopping list together.
The only added feature would be having a way to double or triple the recipe without having to do the math yourself. I cook for large groups at the time of anywhere from 20-50 people and having an initial scaling would be awesome. But I am likely the exception to the rule here as this is not a common need, so I live with a calculator.
Love the app but....
This app is one of my most used apps. I currently have over 1500 recipes stored in it. It is easy to use and very versatile. There is one major problem I have with the App though, I can't sync between my iPad and my iPhone. Every time I try to sync the app crashes. I've contacted the company many times with no response. It's like support emails get sucked into a black hole.
If your going going to use the app on one devised, your fine. I don't know if the syncing issue is because I have so many recipes or not (how could I without a response from tech support). But be warned if your expecting to sync. This is a feature that used to work but during an update something broke a while back and it doesn't seem they are looking into fixing it.
- Category: Food & Drink
- Updated: Jan 09, 2016
- Version: 5.1
- Size: 20.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Kathleen Tafel
- © 2011-2015 Corpus Collusion
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.