The Recipe Box - Your Kitchen, Your Recipes
By Kathleen Tafel
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Create, display, and manage your very own recipes with one of the best loved recipe managers in the app store. The Recipe Box is all you need to build a fantastic looking digital cookbook you’ll use every day.
Developed by foodies who love their iPad, this 21st-century cooking tool helps you get your recipes into a quickly-sorted, easily shared format that can’t be misplaced, covered in stains, or catch on fire. "The perfect tool for serious cooks" — @AppStore
Watch our demo video!
“Attention to small details makes The Recipe Box stand apart from its competition.” — PadGadget
“The Recipe Box is easily the best cooking tool app on the market today.” — AppAdvice.com
“For home cooks… a welcome addition to the iPad’s kitchen repertoire” — iPad 'n Gravy
New and Notable, Staff Favorite — iTunes App Store
• One-touch Instant Import from more than 80 popular recipe sites
(See support site for list)
• Capture data from any unsupported website quickly and easily
• Transfer recipes from any email or text document with copy and paste
• Fully flexible entry fields allow for imperial or metric units
• Use The Recipe Box Keyboard to tap in shortcuts for cooking terms
• Write notes while you cook without leaving the display screen
• Swap and sync with other users or other devices with Recipe Link
• Search for multiple ingredients simultaneously
• Cross-reference recipes in multiple categories
• Sort and rate recipes
• Email ingredients as a clickable shopping list
• Email import/export and printing
• Access your recipes without an Internet connection
• Back up recipes through iTunes file sharing
• Luscious typography and professional layout for iOS7
• Focus on ingredients and instructions with no-distractions cook layout
• Switch easily between multiple recipes while tracking the current step
• Highlight steps in the directions with a tap
• Dim ingredients as you organize them
• Recipe ingredients, instructions, and notes respond to Text Size in iPad Settings.
• Tutorials to guide you through various functions
• Feature maps
• Quickly send feedback or ask questions
Please write to us with your questions!
If you’re having an issue with using the app, we’re here to help. If you leave your questions here on the iTunes reviews, we have no way to write you back. Also, don’t forget to check the website for our tutorials and FAQs which we are always working to improve based on your feedback!
What's New in Version 5.1
• iPad Pro support
—More recipes in list view.
—Larger recipe font means you can see from farther away.
—Larger recipe image.
—See more while entering a recipe.
—Special shortcut keyboard fits better in a shorter space.
• iOS 9 improvements including instant import.
I use this program all of the time. I have not encountered any problems so far except in the beginning I was noticing additional recipes that would show up that I did not enter into my recipe box. I prefer putting in my recipe box what I want and not what someone else thinks that I should have. I removed the foreign recipes and to my knowledge (I have not checked recently) I do not have recipes in my file that I did not put there. This is a great program and I no longer loose the fun and delicious favorites. I love that you can add photos of the recipe and you are able to share the recipes as well. Thank you for doing such a great job.
Great App - I Rarely Have Problems
I have been using this app for several years, initially on ipad, then added to my iphone, currently 6S. I rarely have problems. I am a Cook's Illustrated web subscriber and the instant import works great there. I simply do not have the problems I see elsewhere in the reviews. When instant import is not supported, the copy and paste work-around always works. I like the idea that the recipes I keep there are mine, not an encyclopedia of recipes I will not use and have to search through to get where I want. When I am shopping and forgot to check a recipe for ingredients, I just check my phone. I love this app
Keeps freezing when I'm using it
I've had this app for years and really depend on it, all my recipes are kept on it. The past few months each time I use it, it freezes up. I can't move it down to see the rest of ingredients or the directions, no matter what I do. This morning it was so bad, I had to stop what I was doing and access the recipe on my iPhone to finish what I was making. This Christmas I received an iPad Air 2 and also upgraded my iPhone to the 6s. What an absolute nightmare trying to transfer all my recipes to my new i products. I ended up having to email all 442 recipes to myself and transferring that way. I hope this is just a temporary bug and will be fixed shortly. Up until the last month, this app has always been 5*.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Food & Drink
- Updated: Jan 09, 2016
- Version: 5.1
- Size: 15.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Kathleen Tafel
- © 2011-2015 Corpus Collusion
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.