The Recipe Box - Your Kitchen, Your Recipes
By Kathleen Tafel
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Create, display, and manage your very own recipes with one of the best loved recipe managers in the app store. The Recipe Box is all you need to build a fantastic looking digital cookbook you’ll use every day.
Developed by foodies who love their iPad, this 21st-century cooking tool helps you get your recipes into a quickly-sorted, easily shared format that can’t be misplaced, covered in stains, or catch on fire. "The perfect tool for serious cooks" — @AppStore
Watch our demo video!
“Attention to small details makes The Recipe Box stand apart from its competition.” — PadGadget
“The Recipe Box is easily the best cooking tool app on the market today.” — AppAdvice.com
“For home cooks… a welcome addition to the iPad’s kitchen repertoire” — iPad 'n Gravy
New and Notable, Staff Favorite — iTunes App Store
• One-touch Instant Import from more than 80 popular recipe sites
(See support site for list)
• Capture data from any unsupported website quickly and easily
• Transfer recipes from any email or text document with copy and paste
• Fully flexible entry fields allow for imperial or metric units
• Use The Recipe Box Keyboard to tap in shortcuts for cooking terms
• Write notes while you cook without leaving the display screen
• Swap and sync with other users or other devices with Recipe Link
• Search for multiple ingredients simultaneously
• Cross-reference recipes in multiple categories
• Sort and rate recipes
• Email ingredients as a clickable shopping list
• Email import/export and printing
• Access your recipes without an Internet connection
• Back up recipes through iTunes file sharing
• Luscious typography and professional layout for iOS7
• Focus on ingredients and instructions with no-distractions cook layout
• Switch easily between multiple recipes while tracking the current step
• Highlight steps in the directions with a tap
• Dim ingredients as you organize them
• Recipe ingredients, instructions, and notes respond to Text Size in iPad Settings.
• Tutorials to guide you through various functions
• Feature maps
• Quickly send feedback or ask questions
Please write to us with your questions!
If you’re having an issue with using the app, we’re here to help. If you leave your questions here on the iTunes reviews, we have no way to write you back. Also, don’t forget to check the website for our tutorials and FAQs which we are always working to improve based on your feedback!
What's New in Version 4.0.7
Stability and performance enhancements.
— Fix issue where app would occasionally not open after emailing shopping list.
— Various instant import improvements.
Support is nonexistent
First let me say, when this app works, it is great. I love it. However, if you have application issues, you won't get any help if you contact the vendor. After upgrading to iOS 8, and installing the update for iOS 8, my app would open only for a moment then immediately close. I did all the normal troubleshooting for a iPad Air to no avail, so sent a message to support through the website. No response. I waited three days, asking the question if I installed on my iPhone would my recipes sync, no response. And by the way recipes did not sync, and I paid for the app a second time. I realize I could have synced my iPad to my iPhone, but I was afraid I would get a corrupt install. Again, I received no response after three days. Finally, I emailed them using a Bug Report email address I had and received an auto reply, but no response. I finally uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Of course, I lost all the recipes I had saved, about a hundred. I won't be using this app anymore because of two reasons. Firs, there is no support. Second, I won't use this app because there is no auto backup of data.
But when this app works, it was great. Sorry to lose it.
I'm Very Jazzed!!
I used to bookmark and "Send To Home Page" a myriad of recipes, from dozens of sources. After a while, it became an utter mess! I could rarely find a recipe for which I was searching! It was like a desk, buried in a zillion papers. I needed a way to organize my mess!!
Along came this app! I researched a dozen or more related apps, but I chose "The Recipe Box." Not only does it allow me to copy recipes from countless sources and add my own favorites and creations, but it affords me the option to customize and edit any imported recipe, to my own preferences and tastes. Now, whenever I'm searching for a specific recipe, I know where to find it!
It took me a little time to "learn the ropes," but it's been well worth it! Furthermore, my questions and feedback have been answered immediately! These people really DO care! It's SO REFRESHING!! You can't go wrong with this app!!
LOVE the app, but has bugs
I absolutely love this app, but it definitely has some bugs. It will often crash while assigning a category in entry view. It happens so often, that I have gotten into the habit of saving the recipe without any categories and then going back in to add them later. The keyboards have a great feature of adding keys for recipe specific needs such as 1/2, 1/4, degree symbol, etc. however, I constantly have to flip between portrait and landscape because the symbols are different on each and because the text doesn't scroll well, so you often can't see what you're typing (esp in landscape mode). Lastly, I am always concerned about having all of my recipes in a proprietary format that is not supported across platforms without an export option. Who knows if I will continue to use an iPad, especially with all of the recent problems with iOS 8 that is making my iPad borderline useless?
- Category: Food & Drink
- Updated: Jun 02, 2014
- Version: 4.0.7
- Size: 24.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Kathleen Tafel
- © 2011-2014 Corpus Collusion
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.