Rand McNally Road Atlas
By Rand McNally
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Rand McNally Road Atlas has been the ultimate road travel accessory for over 90 years, allowing for dependable navigation and travel planning across the country. With the Rand McNally Road Atlas app, you get all the high-quality maps you would receive in our legendary paper road atlas on a digitally enhanced version for both iPhone and iPad. This includes:
• Updated maps from the 2017 Road Atlas for all 50 states, including Canadian provinces, Mexico and Puerto Rico.
• No connectivity required after download.
• Detailed inset maps for large cities and national parks
• Pinch-and-zoom functionality
• Alphabetical drop-down list of all available maps
• Slide-out map legend for reference
As a bonus, two classic Rand McNally maps included at the end of the map list:
• 1883 Railroad Map featuring Chicago & Alton R.R.
• 1920 Railroad Map
What's New in Version 1.4
The 2017 edition includes the following updates:
• New insets of Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks, in honor of the 100th year of the National Park Service
• Six new National Monuments
• Enhanced colors and layouts
• Thousands of additional updates
I like this map app!
The major complaints have been the relatively long download, but they are giving us their entire Atlas so we don't have to be on line; great advantage (I do have an excellent internet connection). And, the fact that they are the actual paper maps digitized and not some new fancy app. Again, I find this to be a great advantage, I can zoom in and everything gets bigger no frustration trying to read a highway number that stays the same size no matter how much I zoom. Also, they are completely up to date. All in all, works great for me.
Paper map would be better
My hope was that I could look at a map of the US and zoom in to an area. I really would like to plan some more interstate trips. For example, to look at North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia and Virginia...get a high level idea and then zoom in for specifics. That cannot be done with this app.
This app essentially takes the paper books that we all remember and puts them online in the same format...complete with overlays of particular cities or areas that cover up the neighboring states. Very frustrating. It's 2016, I expect so much better.
Very Nice App
If you like the paper versions of this atlas, then you will like this app. My only complaint is that it doesn't seem to have the index in the back so that one can look up populations and locations of towns. I would like to see this added to the next edition.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Apr 15, 2016
- Version: 1.4
- Size: 657 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Rand McNally
- ©2016 RM Acquisition, LLC d/b/a Rand McNally
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.