***WARNING: Due to heavy graphics requirements, The Room Pocket is only compatible with the iPhone 4S & upwards, and iPod Touch 5th Generation - it is NOT compatible with the older iPhone 4 or iPod 4th Generation***
The Room Pocket is a Free-To-Try app - you can play the first level for free and if you like it, a one-off fee will unlock the rest of the game.
How are you, old friend?
If you’re reading this, then it worked. I only hope you can still forgive me.
We’ve never seen eye to eye on my research, but you must put such things behind you. You are the only one to whom I can turn.
You must come at once, for we are all in great peril. I trust you remember the house? My study is the highest room.
Press forward with heart. There is no way back now.
Fireproof Games are very proud to bring you our greatest creation, a mind-bending journey filled with beauty, peril and mystery in equal measure. Be transported into a unique space that blends spellbinding visuals with intriguing problems to solve.
* Unsettlingly realistic graphics: The most natural looking visuals ever seen on a mobile device.
* Spine-tingling single finger controls: touch controls so natural you can play with one digit, to fully navigate this mysteriously beautiful 3D world.
* Fantastical pick-up-and-play design: Easy to start, hard to put down, the secrets of The Room will immerse you before you even know you're playing.
* Compelling layers of mystery: think you know what you're looking at? Think again.
Fixes for iOS 9
Ratings and Reviews
Years after its debut, The Room remains one of the most absorbing puzzlers we’ve played. Use ingenuity and intuitive controls to manipulate a series of nested boxes and unlock the secret inside. As each thrown switch and decrypted code reveals another intricate enigma, breathtaking sights and eerie sounds weave an irresistible atmosphere of suspense. All the more amazing for being the debut effort from Fireproof Games, The Room beautifully blurs the line between entertainment and artistry.
Very engaging, entertaining, exciting puzzle story
The Room, although 6 years old, is no less remarkable than it was at its inception. The best part about waiting 6 years to play is that there are more versions now available after I finished this one! I rarely play games and when I do I like to challenge my brain. ‘The Room’ does just that. Unfortunately in some of the puzzles, you have to know what the developer was thinking. After solving many of the problems inside this game a pattern emerges that you can use in the other chapters. The graphics are phenomenal. It’s like you are there inside this contraption actually moving pieces around! I’m blind in one eye and do not see in 3D (the world is all 2D to me) and a few of the puzzles I was not able to visualize even using the ‘eyepiece’. There are “hints” but they are very intentionally vague and really useless. This is a highly graphic filled game and even on my iPhone 8 Plus, I had several places where the game just froze. When you reset or have to leave and come back to the game you have to start at the beginning of that chapter. Each chapter is not too long and at the end I was wanting more. If you are totally stuck there are several resources online to help you. I highly recommend ‘The Room’!
An Engrossing, Atmospheric Puzzle Game
The Room is both a wonderful puzzle game and a delightfully eerie experience. First of all, the puzzles are excellent. True to its name, the game takes place inside of a single room, where the player is tasked with unlocking the secrets of a mysterious cabinet. The puzzles involve examining, deciphering and unlocking a series of increasingly intricate mechanical devices. Solving them not only provides a satisfying challenge, but it works in tandem perfectly with the second major element of The Room.
That second element is design. Everything about The Room is designed. Whether it’s the puzzles, the inventory items, the notes or the atmosphere, absolutely everything was done on purpose. Every part of each device is a possible piece of the puzzle. Every item in your inventory can be examined, and many have secrets to solve themselves. The quiet ambience and pitch black background both add to the overall eeriness and focus the player’s attention solely on the device in front of them, right where it should be.
It may not be long, but it does everything right, and for 99 cents you won’t find a more intriguing game.
- Fireproof Studios Limited
- 375.4 MB
- Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad Wi-Fi (3rd generation), iPad Wi‑Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi (4th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi, iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPod touch (4th generation), iPod touch (5th generation), and iPod touch (6th generation).
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © Fireproof Studios Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Full Game Upgrade $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.