By The Slate Group, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get fresh and razor-sharp insights on black news and perspectives from The Root. Download The Root iPhone app to get:
* Highlights of the hottest news stories from around the web
* Our hand-picked selection of commentary by the top African-American writers
* Original features tackling race, politics, society, culture and the day’s most-talked about topics.
* Provocative podcasts and slideshows about the issues everyone’s discussing
* A home screen designed to make it easy to access all of The Root's top stories across its sections
* Tools that let you share The Root stories and features
* We are always looking to improve our applications. Please send your thoughts and suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What's New in Version 2.1.2
- Additional bug fixes for iOS 7
I really enjoy this app because the analysis of the articles are almost always spot on and they cover so many important issues that specifically deal with African Americans. That being said, there are a couple of issues that need to be addressed.
First, for at least a week now, I've been unable to access any of the articles through the app. It tells me something to the effect of "We're unable to load content. Please try again later." This needs to be fixed immediately.
Second, the staff insists on saying "Quote of the day" instead of "Quotation of the day". A quotation is a noun; quote is a verb. How is it that not a single person has realized this error? I think it really hurts your credibility if you don't know the difference or refuse to address it. Either way, you should fix it.
If you address these problems, I really don't have any qualms with this app. Please take these criticisms into consideration and correct them as soon as possible.
I love this app because it provides a unique perspective on current events as well as including a large variety of fascinating topics from the past and present. The only problem that I have with it is that certain pages don't open properly and some images cannot be seen.
I like this app quite a bit but was extremely disappointed when I discovered there was no search feature and no way to search for articles prior to mid summer 2014.
Possible to search online but not within the app.
Also, can't send feedback from within the app, for the email address is listed as invalid, so I could not voice my concern directly to makers of the app.
How disappointed I am.
- Category: News
- Updated: Sep 20, 2013
- Version: 2.1.2
- Size: 3.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: The Slate Group, LLC
- Copyright © 2015 Univision Communications Inc. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.