The Sandbox - Build & Create Your Pixel World
By PIXOWL INC.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Play God & Create Worlds with Life or Destroy everything within a tap of your finger!
Awards Received: BEST OF WORLD-BUILDING GAMES (iTunes), BEST OF GAMES: HIDDENS GEMS (iTunes) and TOP GAMES – IF YOU LIKE MINECRAFT (iTunes)
-- PRESS REVIEWS --
"The Sandbox is a fantastically inventive mobile game that encourages players to create entire worlds and works of art!" Cult Of Mac
-- GAME PRESENTATION --
Imagine crafting your own world (complete with amazing Pixel Art), playing with Humans, Ninjas, Robots or Zombies, composing your own music and much more! The universe is yours to create or destroy, and the only limit is your imagination!
Start from scratch with basic building blocks like stone, water and soil. Grow plants, raise mountains, generate life and gain access to advanced tools for crafting more and more complex elements. Before long, you’ll be able to access non-organic elements like metal and light bulbs, allowing you to populate your universe with creations both natural and technological.
UNLEASH YOUR IMAGINATION
● Millions of possibilities. Infinite landscape designs. Countless different chemical reactions. Nothing is beyond your reach!
● Embrace your inner Pixel Artist to create or recreate amazing masterpieces and compose your very own chiptunes melodies with varied music instruments!
● Bring life to your creations and watch them evolve, eat, destroy and die
AND NOW, A SLEW OF EXCITING FEATURES:
● Over 280 elements to combine for different physic effects!
● 28 exciting campaigns -- a whopping 385 game levels in all!
● Add an intelligent life-form to your worlds: Humans!
● Change their behavior using Magic Powders and turn them into Miners, Hunters, Woodcutter, Zombies, Spacemen or even Robots!
● Play with the controllable elements: Ninja, Avatar, Snake… and create your video game levels!
● The Brainiac allows to create dynamic contraptions: assemble them, move them, transport materials or activate separate actions!
● Use one of the many Interactive Bodies to connect with it: Dragon, Spaceship, Plane, Flying Car, UFO, Train, Drill, Mechcloud and Kamikaze Drone; or make your own multi-pixels combination with existing elements and all modules available: Gravity, Tilt, Buttons, Pulsor, Toggle etc.
● Cruise around in your sport car, transport elements with a truck, destroy the land with your tank… or ride throughout space in the Lunar Lander!
● Recreate the Jurassic Period with dinosaurs and volcanoes! Protect your dinosaurs from extinction or recreate the BIG BANG and make them disappear!
● Try our new Blueprints and add awesome real-life wonders to your worlds: the Eiffel Tower, Chichen Itza, the Pyramids, the Statue of Liberty -- even a Crashed UFO!
● Wreak havoc with powerful explosions with TNT or C4! Light up the sky with fireworks or the Galaxy Invaders!
● Create amazing chain reactions with several sensor types, including liquid, light and temperature!
● Craft worlds featuring unique Laser and discover their powers once combined with different gems!
SHARE YOUR CREATIONS WITH THE WORLD
● Create your universe and then share it in The Sandbox’s Online Gallery
● Search in the Online gallery to see other players' creations (more than 1,500,000 worlds!)
● Rate other players’ worlds and add elements too.
An entire universe in the palm of your hand!
-- FOLLOW US --
What's New in Version 1.99985
Have a taste of The Sandbox EDU game, playing this campaign adapted from it. Watch some basic interactions in a funny and didactical way!
• a campaign of 10 levels taken from the The Sandbox EDU, where you’ll learn some basic chemistry and element interactions.
• the Filter, an element that separates water from elements that absorb it (eg: Take the water from the Mud to leave Soil)
• 1 new animal, the Croc, that opens its mouth and tries to kill when living beings approach it.
• a teaser element for the upcoming Mutant Monsters Campaign: the DoomGrub, a giant worm capable of eating almost anything.
Great game sometimes.
The game itself is fun. The create mode and gallery alone are worth downloading. Although it is hard to accumulate mana to buy more elements, it's not impossible. The only reason I gave it less than five stars is that the in game ads are broken and have been for a while. They take up half the screen and usually you can't even tell what they're selling. Also you can't exit them out as the x is presumably off screen somewhere. It makes the game unplayable.
The latest update that I just downloaded just makes sandbox crash whenever I go on it (the same happens for my brother). I love this game, but when I LITERALLY can't do anything with it because it constantly crashes, it kind of ruins my fun with the overall game knowing that every update could just make the game crash all of the time. PLEASE FIX IMMEDIATELY.
Great but the new update crashes.
I love the game. I almost never write reviews unless it's a top-notch app, as this is. Endless possibilities with new updates that bring new elements all the time. The only reason I didn't rate 5 is because the new update crashes on launch, but given the history of the developer I believe that will be fixed very soon.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jun 30, 2015
- Version: 1.99985
- Size: 93.4 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: PIXOWL INC.
- © PIXOWL INC.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Small Mana Pack$1.99
- Humans Campaign $0.99
- Medium Mana Pack$2.99
- Robot Attack Campaign$0.99
- Zombie Attack Campaign$0.99
- Big Mana Pack$5.99
- All 30 Basic Elements Pack$3.99
- All Campaigns Pack $9.99
- Brainiac Campaign$0.99
- Dinosaurs Campaign$0.99