Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Welcome to the world of The Settlers! You’ve arrived in a wondrous place populated by Romans, Vikings and Mayans competing or cooperating to reach a variety of goals. These goals include occupying land, ensuring the supply of raw materials, or simply trying to create the most beautiful settlement. There is more than one path which leads to success – you can engage in trade, forge alliances, or lead your army into battle.
Plunge into this adaptation of the critically acclaimed PC game, widely popular for offering a well balanced mix of strategy and building management, now with optimized gameplay for iPhone / iPod touch.
- Gather resources and build a lively and bustling town in an ancient world. Your decisions and skill in managing and protecting your settlement will determine its fate.
- The strength of your units depends on how effectively you have built up your settlement and paid attention to the economic relationships within it.
- Three nations to govern: Conquer new territories, defeat rival armies, and establish an empire with your warriors that encompasses lands and continents.
- A huge number of parameters to manage: Dozens of building’s types, settlements, soldiers, raw materials, and much more.
- An accessible game for everybody, thanks to extensive tutorial missions and multi-touch gameplay, ideal for strategy games.
Certain apps allow you to purchase virtual items within the app and may contain third party advertisements that may redirect you to a third party site.
What's New in Version 1.1.9
Updated for iPhone 4 and iOS 4
- Support for iOS 4 multitasking on compatible devices: switch between your favorite apps instantly
- Crisp and gorgeous high-resolution graphics to take full advantage of the iPhone 4 Retina display
Good game, but it has it
This is a very cool, strategy sim game, and I'd have given it 5 stars except for 2 big issues.
1. The game has a tendency to lock up, and the only way to fix it is to restart the phone. This is a HUGE pain and it's a flaw that really overshadows the otherwise smooth functioning of the game and its controls.
2. There is no free play or sandbox mode where you can simply build and experiment with your colony. It is possible to beat the computer opponent in a campaign into almost total submission, but keep it functioning on its last leg while you focus on building and operating your colony. The only problem with that is you do still have to pay some attention to what the computer is doing and you basically need to have a standing army in the computer's territory to be certain it doesn't get too powerful again.
It's worth the download for sure, especially if you're a fan of this type of sim/strategy game. I just wish they'd fix the glitch and add a sandbox mode. Another good addition would be campaigns focused solely on economic/prosperity goals.
Great Game, if you don
I love this game. I haven't had the crashing issues that others report; it runs really well for me. I have a 3GS running 4.2.1.
The initial game play is a bit confusing. I had to play multiple games to really understand some of the logic of the game. After I learned how the game worked, it got to be lots more fun.
Please note: you do not control the settlers directly. They automatically fill in the jobs needed. You only directly control the combat units. Also, all combat takes place between fighting units and towers. You don't attack the enemy's buildings other than their towers. But, when you destroy or capture their towers, the enemy's territory shrinks and all buildings that are left outside the smaller territory automatically get destroyed. This seemed strange at first, compared to other RTS games I've played, but it really works well.
The learning curve is a bit high at first, but this really is a fun game to play.
Hope This Helps
Okay first off don't listen to those losers that say this game is trash. If I thought this game was trash would I write this long review?
As a fan of Settler games from age 4 I've always loved them. Settler IV was my favorite! Anyways this game captures almost everything in the classic PC game.
Excellent graphics for a CLASSIC
Everything is all amazing except for the fact that it is missing things.
For example in the PC game it HAD a multiplayer. It sadly did not have a freeplay except you could use the multiplayer as freeplay.
Also for all those people asking for a multiplayer, well guess what your not gunna get one unless WE complain a lot. Gameloft did not make this game. This game is merely a demo. Blue Bytes made it.
Anyways this game is really good and I hope you found this review useful.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Nov 16, 2010
- Version: 1.1.9
- Size: 279 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Seller: Gameloft
- "The Settlers, Blue Byte and the Blue Byte logo are trademarks of Red Storm Entertainment in the US and/or other countries. Red Storm Entertainment Inc is a Ubisoft Entertainment company. © 2009 Gameloft. All Rights Reserved. Gameloft and the Gameloft logo are trademarks of Gameloft in the US and/or other countries."
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.1.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.