Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Welcome to the world of The Settlers! You’ve arrived in a wondrous place populated by Romans, Vikings and Mayans competing or cooperating to reach a variety of goals. These goals include occupying land, ensuring the supply of raw materials, or simply trying to create the most beautiful settlement. There is more than one path which leads to success – you can engage in trade, forge alliances, or lead your army into battle.
Plunge into this adaptation of the critically acclaimed PC game, widely popular for offering a well balanced mix of strategy and building management, now with optimized gameplay for iPhone / iPod touch.
- Gather resources and build a lively and bustling town in an ancient world. Your decisions and skill in managing and protecting your settlement will determine its fate.
- The strength of your units depends on how effectively you have built up your settlement and paid attention to the economic relationships within it.
- Three nations to govern: Conquer new territories, defeat rival armies, and establish an empire with your warriors that encompasses lands and continents.
- A huge number of parameters to manage: Dozens of building’s types, settlements, soldiers, raw materials, and much more.
- An accessible game for everybody, thanks to extensive tutorial missions and multi-touch gameplay, ideal for strategy games.
Certain apps allow you to purchase virtual items within the app and may contain third party advertisements that may redirect you to a third party site.
End User License Agreement : http://www.gameloft.com/eula/
What's New in Version 1.1.9
Updated for iPhone 4 and iOS 4
- Support for iOS 4 multitasking on compatible devices: switch between your favorite apps instantly
- Crisp and gorgeous high-resolution graphics to take full advantage of the iPhone 4 Retina display
For those who don't know...
I read through the comments and it seems like nobody knows that this is originally a PC game from back in 2001. It had a huge cult following and was regarded as one of the best strategy games around. I've been playing it since I was a kid when it came out and I was always obsessed. I spent DAYS playing it nonstop and I one day I decided to search for it here to see what happens and...ITS HERE. So that's cool. Graphics look much better here than on PC. It doesn't seem to be missing Much from PC version gameplay wise. Missing some game modes which understand but that's not why I'm giving it 4 stars. I'm a little disappointed in how hard it is to navigate through the game. I should say how harder it is than PC. I shouldn't have expected it be as easy but to be honest it does make the game boring for me sometimes. Gotta go get it on my PC for sure
Awesome Graphics Update... Still some gameplay issues
The most recent update to the Settlers is visually stunning. The game is crisp, and just fun to watch. Unfortunately, there are quite a few bugs now in the user interface and it seems to want to crash fairly often. Make sure to save often, as the "continue" feature doesn't seem to be working properly, and look out as you move up in the Dark Tribe missions, the "slider" to get to missions 6 and beyond seems to not be working anymore (a reboot seemed to fix this problem)... Hopefully these issues will be fixed shortly and then this goes right back up to 5 stars...
Watch out! This update seems to CHEW THROUGH my battery. I'm still trying to figure out how to fix that problem, but even after "closing" the app, after playing Settlers my batter gets drained faster than you can imagine.
Free Play is still a huge opportunity for the Settlers!
I must admit, I was sort of skeptical at first. I downloaded the demo but didn't really care for it. It seemed overwhelming and not what I was looking for: a real-time strategy game in the same vein as Age of Empires. Reluctantly I bought the full version and I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised. This game has a lot of heart and a lot of depth. The resource management can get a bit tedious, but the graphics are really good and the gameplay, in my opinion, is solid. I wish they had a skirmish/free-play mode where you could just battle one of the other colonies, like Command & Conquer and Age of Empires, but perhaps maybe a future update or DLC. If you're looking for a good real-time strategy that also emphasizes resource management then this is the game for you! It ranks up there with Age of Empires as one of my top real-time strategy games of all time on any platform.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Nov 16, 2010
- Version: 1.1.9
- Size: 279 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Seller: Gameloft
- The Settlers, Blue Byte and the Blue Byte logo are trademarks of Red Storm Entertainment. Red Storm Entertainment Inc is a Ubisoft Entertainment company. © 2009 Gameloft. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.1.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.