The Shadow Sun
By Ossian Studios Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The ultimate Western action RPG has arrived on iOS! Embark on an epic dark fantasy in the grand tradition of great, story-driven RPGs from PC and console, created by veterans of the Neverwinter Nights, Baldur’s Gate, and The Witcher franchises.
SLIDE TO PLAY - 4/4 “The Shadow Sun is one of the most captivating experiences I’ve had with a role-playing game in quite some time.”
DIGITALLY DOWNLOADED - 4.5/5 “The Shadow Sun floored me from start to finish.”
ARCADE SUSHI - 8.5/10 “If you’re a fan of RPGs at all, then The Shadow Sun belongs in your Games folder.”
POCKET GAMER - 8/10 (Silver Award) “The Shadow Sun replicates a tabletop RPG experience almost perfectly - right down to the carefully crafted fantasy world in which it's set.”
TOUCHARCADE - 4/5 “With a compelling story, plenty of content, and a character customization system that works, Shadow Sun succeeds in its goal as a Western RPG.”
APP-S.RU - 4/5 “The Shadow Sun is one of the few truly great RPGs for the iPhone, iPad and in the absence of competitors could easily sit next to Baldur's Gate.”
PORTABLE GAMING REGION “The Shadow Sun is pretty much what I imagine a “real” Dragon Age mobile game should be.”
** Featured in Apple’s Best New Games category! **
With The Shadow Sun, Ossian Studios brings together all its expertise from working with Dungeons & Dragons and The Witcher in order to create a deep, story-driven RPG experience for iOS. Prepare yourself for visceral real-time combat, a gorgeously detailed world to adventure in, complex characters to interact with, and an epic tale of an ancient city held within the grip of a mysterious plague.
Enter a world that has felt an alien touch upon its sun. An ever-increasing shadow that creeps across the sun's brilliant face, with consequences that are only now becoming horrifically apparent...
HOURS OF ADVENTURE
• A 10-hour adventure where you explore the decadent imperial city of Shar and the exotic desert lands around it, delving into a story filled with intrigue, danger, and shocking surprises.
• Explore over 70 unique areas and uncover 200+ unique items, hidden secrets, and ancient treasures.
• A handy journal tracks your quests and a detailed codex notes new characters, places, and creatures you encounter.
• An original orchestral soundtrack and amazing soundscape will immerse you into this dark fantasy world.
• Create your own male or female character and customize their attributes and appearance.
• Choose from among 30 attacks, spells, and skills to suit your favourite play style, and develop those abilities exactly how you want as the game progresses.
• Solve quests in multiple ways and have new NPC dialogue options open up depending on your skills.
• Ally with one of four companions to adventure alongside you, each with their own personality and abilities, and win their friendship or suffer their disapproval depending on your choices.
• Adopt a faithful dog companion to fight by your side.
Play on any of these supported devices, with graphics that scale with the device.
• iPad 1, iPad 2, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad mini with Retina display
• iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s
• iPod touch 3, iPod touch 4, iPod touch 5
* In-app purchases are purely optional! *
The 3 starter packs are optional DLC that have extra content and quests, none of which are required to enjoy the game. The in-depth hint guide also provides a full walkthrough and gameplay tips, along with details on companions, secrets, monsters, and other helpful information.
Visit our official site for more news and info about The Shadow Sun: http://www.ossianstudios.com/
Drop by our forums and talk directly with the development team: http://www.ossianstudios.com/forum/
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/OssianStudios
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/OssianStudios
What's New in Version 1.02
- Now adventure with a faithful dog companion!
- New improved camera.
- New app icon.
- Fixed bug where Zehira did not give the Spider Amulet with high approval.
- Fixed (with an alternate plugin) a rare crash after Unity logo and during character creation.
- Minor area fixes and game tweaks.
We appreciate your feedback and thanks for playing The Shadow Sun! If you enjoyed it, please rate it!
What's up with everyone?
Why are there not like a million reviews here? This game is awesome! I really dug the whole atmosphere and I thought it had the perfect world size. In a lot of western rpgs there's a lot of aimless trekking back and forth where u just watch your character run but I didn't notice that as much here (ahem Aralon). I recently beat Shadow Sun and want more from whoever made this. I also had no trouble with controls but I've been playing ios for a while so that may have something to do with it. I never got a weapon that made it stupidly easy. I never felt like giving up but was sufficiently challenged and interested.
Perhaps the one drawback I can think of was I felt the final boss was easier than I expected but up until then I was challenged enough.
I gotta say in my experience this game right here and Bastion are my favorites on ios. I paid like 6.99 or 7.99 or something and got a good 10ish hours of gameplay. I'd totally recommend this to anyone who finds most wrpgs kinda boring or even wrpg fans. It's like the perfect medium. And I also liked how you can pretty much get by with a sword or a mace (as I did) and use some range magic rather than being forced into using range weapons due to difficulty.
So to whoever made this game, keep at it because I need something fun to play on my ipad now that I beat this and all the other good ones! I guess I gotta replay the Chaos Rings and FF ports until y'all make something else.
Excellent story driven RPG
Superbly designed and produced! Very reminiscent of Neverwinter Nights (not surprising since the devs worked on expansions and mods for that). Amazingly detailed and beautiful graphics and sound for a mobile game. A good amount of nonlinear content too (about 12 hours worth to do everything).
The only complaint is that at times the combat seemed a bit too easy. The bosses were well balanced, but I rarely worried about dying with other fights (and always had plenty of consumables and often didn't feel the need to use them). Oh, one other thing - the traps aren't very helpful since their coverage is small and it's difficult to lead an enemy. Minor concerns though.
Overall I really enjoyed this game!
Nice looking, but ruined by tedious dialogue
I find myself tapping through the seemingly-endless dialogue to get to anything more interesting. Wish I could turn off the tiresome "choose your own adventure" style conversations and just move around and loot, fight, explore, etc. Other games handle this so much better. Game gets quite tedious awfully fast, and makes it hard to enjoy the nice visuals. Also, combat is not very engaging, especially since your own character's health is not displayed anywhere; only your opponent's. Glad it was on sale.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Apr 14, 2014
- Version: 1.02
- Size: 506 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Ossian Studios Inc.
- © 2013 Ossian Studios Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Warrior Starter Pack$0.99
- Rogue Starter Pack$0.99
- Mage Starter Pack$0.99
- Hint Guide$0.99