The Sibley eGuide to the Birds of North America
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Now on Sale!!!
The most popular printed field guide to North American birds is now available in its entirety on the iPhone and iPad!
**If you would like to experience the app check out the newly released Sibley eGuide to the Birds of North America LITE which is FREE and includes 30 species.**
We have taken the simplicity and ease-of-use that you have enjoyed on your iPhone/iPod Touch and expanded and redesigned the layout (not simply “stretching” it) to take full advantage of the larger screen area of the iPad while still being the same app that runs on the iPhone/iPod Touch.
The Sibley Guide to Birds has become the most popular and fastest selling printed guide to birds as well as the most comprehensive and authoritative guide to North American Birds:
Over 6600 images.
Every species is shown perched and in flight from above and below.
Shows every major seasonal, age, and male/female variation.
Detailed coverage of subspecies and regional variations.
Detailed maps showing not just winter and summer range but also migration and rare occurrence.
Detailed descriptions of songs and calls, comparing similar species measurements of length, wingspan, and weight for every species.
Now all of that information is available in an easy-to-navigate portable format on the iPhone/iPad. In addition, this version of the app also includes:
● Swipe to move to the next or previous species.
● One-tap enlargement of images and rotating the device expands images further.
● Over 2300 carefully-selected and edited sound recordings. Nearly all species are represented with multiple examples showing the range of vocalizations.
● The ability to compare any two images, maps, or sounds, side by side on the screen.
● The ability to filter by state/province, so that you see only the species likely to occur in your location, and to further reduce the possibilities to the most common birds in that area.
● The ability to search by distinguishing features such as size, prominent colors, habits, and group.
● A basic personal species list* that stores your sightings saved to the device with the ability to export the list using email or iTunes file sharing.
*Uninstalling/reinstalling the program will result in the loss of your list, it is recommended that you keep your own backup (master list) separate from the application.
We invite all users to share their comments and ideas on our forum at www.mydigitalearth.com
NB. This Application WILL ONLY work on an iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch running iOS V6.1 or higher NOT A NORMAL IPOD CLASSIC/NANO and the download is about 400MB.
What's New in Version 1.9.1
*As with any update, there is a small chance your list could be lost. Please make sure you have another copy saved elsewhere*
● Fixed some bugs that went out with the latest update.
● Stopped auto-play of bird calls.
Bring back the bird count by day
The app is great but the daily count is missing. Also I think the search function should auto complete with suggestions of different birds. You should be able to type a partial name and have it pop up.
Bring Back Date Bird Count Display
Love this app, of which I am a regular user. However, I miss a function that went away an update or two ago - that's the display of the number of birds in the day list. The total list still displays a number, but day list does not.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Reference
- Updated: May 04, 2015
- Version: 1.9.1
- Size: 447 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Cool Ideas LLC
- © 2014 Cool Ideas LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.