***Save 75% for a limited time***
Lose yourself in The Silent Age, the thrilling point-and-click adventure with over seven million mobile downloads, completely revamped and updated for the Mac.
Help Joe as he travels between the groovy present of 1972 and the apocalyptic future of 2012 to discover the truth behind humankind’s extinction—a quest entrusted to him by a dying man from the future. Use your portable time travel device to solve puzzles that bring you closer to answers and saving humanity.
Winner of the 2013 Casual Connect Indie Prize and applauded for its deep story, clever puzzles, and radically simple navigation and art style, The Silent Age is an unforgettable experience. Can you, a simple janitor and literally, “the average Joe,” save humankind?
• Thrilling adventure with a deep story that captivates from beginning to end.
• Complex characters, each with their own personality and agenda.
• Clever puzzles requiring time travel and specific items to solve.
• A seamless interface which makes you feel like you’re actually there.
• 10 chapters with unique locations, characters and puzzles.
• Character voiceover brings the story and characters to life.
• The same bold, stylish and minimalistic artwork now presented in stunning Ultra HD.
Added support for French, German, Italian, Spanish, Russian and Ukrainian.
Ratings and Reviews
One of the best games I’ve ever encountered.
This game is a MUST PLAY. Deep storyline, great minimalistic graphics, atmospheric score, funny zingers from our hero whenever you want him to do something stupid, and puzzles which require you to really think - my most sought out element of any game that I play (besides replayability, which this definitely has). I love the unexpected and unpredictable story and the elements of science and history put into the plot. While the puzzles are very fun, none of the levels are “easy” once you get past the first one, which I love. Very challenging and brain stimulating. Some of the more complicated parts will have you scratching your head for twenty minutes at a time, wondering what the hell you possibly missed that prevents you from moving forward. Constantly traveling between the past and present was SO much fun. The voice actors are talented and comedic, though the on-screen transcription is awkwardly placed and inaccurate. We ran the game in the highest definition possible on my 2010 iMac and encountered absolutely zero issues. PLEASE let there be a sequel! And please let it be twice as long!!
Not worth the price
The game’s premise is an interesting one, but that’s pretty much all that is. The game play is SLOOOOW. You have to walk back and forth; back and forth between time periods, back and forth between solutions, to move on in the game - sometimes multiple times. In one case, you need to get a drink of water for someone on the far side of level. You have to walk to find him, walk all the way back to where you started the level, and then all the way back to him. The character moves very slowly throughout the game and there isn’t much of a challenge to any of it. There are a couple of things that took me a bit to figure out, but that was mostly becasue I clicked on an object in the “wrong” place at first or didn’t click on it enough. For the cost, I expected the game to last more than a few hours, but nope! This was a disappointment.
I remember playing the demo for this game long ago and when I saw that a full version was finally available, I was very excited. It’s a very cool take on a p oint and click adventure with time-travel elements seemlessly weaved into the gameplay and puzzles. Definitely worth the money I paid!
- MP Digital, LLC
- 277.9 MB
- OS X 10.6.6 or later
- English, French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2011-2016 House on Fire ApS. Published under license by Meridian4. Published on Mac by MP Digital, LLC.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.