The Social Express II
By The Language Express, Inc
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Social Learning Made Easy!
The Social Express® is engaging, educational curriculum for children and young adults with social learning challenges. The curriculum is designed to teach users how to think about and manage social situations, helping them to develop meaningful social relationships and succeed in life.
The Social Express II App has two options. Try it or Member Login. Try it is a free app. However, there is an optional recurring membership subscription which costs money. If you choose to purchase a membership, your iTunes account will be charged.
Duration & Pricing (USD)
1 Month = $14.99
1 Year = $69.99
-Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
-Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
-Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
-Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
-No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
How It Works
Video Modeling on Steroids!
Help Zack, Emma, Sam, and Katie solve social problems! Each fully-animated, interactive lesson targets one of many skills children and young adults need to learn in order to develop meaningful relationships and successfully navigate our social world.
Who Can it Help?
Our innovative curriculum targets core social deficit areas that stand in the way of school, social, and life success for children and young adults with social learning challenges.
How Will Children with Social Learning Challenges Benefit?
As a safe, controlled, and familiar learning environment, The Social Express provides an opportunity for users to become more socially competent and have successful social interactions.
In-app purchase includes:
81 Animated Interactive Webisodes
Admin Account + Track Progress for 1 User
Grade Leveled Quizzes (Aligned w/C.C.S. ELA)
Flexible Teaching Plans
Pre and Post-Assessments
The Clubhouse – Our Private Social Network
Free iPad Compatible App
Printable User Guide
Bonus Material – Enhance Social Skills Learning with our Original Songs and Worksheets
Potential benefits include the ability to:
● Identify feelings in others
● Understand the importance of “eye contact” (thinking with your eyes) in order to figure out what to say or do in social situations
● Read non-verbal social cues
● Identify appropriate coping strategies
● Learn how to start conversations
● Learn how to be part of a group
● Learn about the hidden rules in social situations
● Sequence situations and infer what will come next
● Figure out what to talk about with friends
● Monitor when others are using appropriate social behaviors
● Learn about using figurative language (idioms) in conversation
● Stay on topic when having conversations
● Watch social situations unfold and see how behavior can have negative or positive consequences
Some of the core concepts presented are based on the work of Michelle Garcia Winner and her Social Thinking® curriculum. More information can be found on the Social Thinking® website. Users are encouraged to learn more about Michelle's work to gain the full benefit from the program.
The Social Express is based on best practices and programs that feature cognitive behavioral techniques and visual strategies.
What's New in Version 6.7
- Fixed bug where the drum game could not be played on iOS 11.
Update to iOS 11
Can’t use app please update
- Category: Education
- Updated: Oct 31, 2017
- Version: 6.7
- Size: 114 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: The Language Express, Inc
- © 2014 The Language Express, Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- The Social Express Subscription Plan$14.99
- The Social Express Subscription Plan$69.99
- Add Student Slot$5.99