The Austin American-Statesman News App for iPad
De Cox Media Group
Abre iTunes para comprar y descargar Apps.
The News App for iPad includes local, state, national and business news plus obits, sports and lifestyle coverage. It includes multi-media content with vivid photo and video galleries.
-Clean, uncluttered format and navigation.
-Continually updated with top stories, breaking news, weather and traffic.
-Share articles via email, Facebook and Twitter.
-Searchable for past 7 days.
-Simple to use, reader-friendly formats and adjustable font size.
-Quick loading of pages.
- Length of subscription: One month
- Price of subscription: $9.99 per month, or included with your print subscription at no additional charge.
- How to subscribe: When you first open the Austin American-Statesman News app, you will be asked to enter a user name and login. Newspaper subscribers may use their Statesman login. If you are a newspaper subscriber and do not know your login or still need to register your account, please go to statesman.com/AddDigital. Here you will set up your account and get access to digital products included with your subscription. If you would like to subscribe to print and digital offers from your newspaper, please go to statesman.com/subscribe. Download of the app is free.
- If you would like to subscribe to the app from Apple you may purchase through iTunes. Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. All renewals will be billed at the rate of $9.99 per month.
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user, and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase.
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
- Use of The Austin American-Statesman for iPad is governed by our Terms of Service
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to The Austin American-Statesman for iPad.
Lo nuevo en la versión 1.5.3
Minor bug fixes
Capturas de pantalla del iPad
Reseñas de clientes
Waiting for someone else to try it first
Update Oct 2014: I am still waiting for any kind of improvement. It has been a year and there have been no revisions. Hey - how about this - go look at the Dallas Morning News ap because it is pretty good, it just doesn't cover all of the Austin things I want to see. It is also in the Newstand portion of ipad environment instead of a separate ap. Seems like a reasonable place to put a newspaper ap to me.
Original review: This ap was soooo badly reviewed in the past that I have no confidence that it could be useful now. I WANT it to be good. But I just don't want to spend even 1 month of a subscription to find out they got it wrong again. It is not just the Austin paper. Look at all of the Cox Media apps and you see the same bad reviews all over the country.
The web based version of the Austin paper that was introduced a few months ago didn't seem to be user friendly to me either so I am just not confident in this upgrade. Nothing Cox has implemented in a digital format in the past year makes me want I try $10 just to see.
I want it to be good. I like keeping track of my own town and I would prefer the iPad version over the paper or (old) Kindle versions.
I will return here often and I hope to find a good review sooner than later.
It took these guys months to figure out how to get it working with Apple subscriptions. Now that is working, and I have subscribed for the last few months. The price seems fairly reasonable, but ... The app regularly loses track of my subscription which I then have to restore.
Next, it occasionally loses the button for getting back to"Today's paper home page, at which point you're stuck on yesterday's paper with no way out. The button to 'previous editions' never has today's edition in it, at best offering everything up to about three days ago.
Next, often when scrolling through an article the characters at the edge of the column get garbled, which sometimes corrects itself, and sometimes doesn't until you get out and come back into it.
Finally, as best as I can tell the authors of this app don't really care - having never responded to any of these issues. These people need to decide whether they really want to be in this business. So far I don't think they deserve to be.
I would rate this a Zero if I could.
Please fix this app. As others have mentioned, the app crashes frequently, particularly when I try to use the download articles feature to look at the actual paper on my iPad. I have emailed support a number of times since the app was released but have received no response to date.
- Categoría: Noticias
- Actualizado: 09/10/2013
- Versión: 1.5.3
- Tamaño: 6.7 MB
- Idioma: Inglés
- Vendedor: Cox Media Group, Inc
- © Cox Media Group
Compatibilidad: Requiere iOS 5.1 o posterior. Compatible con iPad.
Top compras dentro de la app
- iPad ONLY Subscription to The Austin American-Statesman$9.99