The Austin American-Statesman News App for iPad
By Cox Media Group
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The News App for iPad includes local, state, national and business news plus obits, sports and lifestyle coverage. It includes multi-media content with vivid photo and video galleries.
-Clean, uncluttered format and navigation.
-Continually updated with top stories, breaking news, weather and traffic.
-Share articles via email, Facebook and Twitter.
-Searchable for past 7 days.
-Simple to use, reader-friendly formats and adjustable font size.
-Quick loading of pages.
- Length of subscription: One month
- Price of subscription: $9.99 per month, or included with your print subscription at no additional charge.
- How to subscribe: When you first open the Austin American-Statesman News app, you will be asked to enter a user name and login. Newspaper subscribers may use their Statesman login. If you are a newspaper subscriber and do not know your login or still need to register your account, please go to statesman.com/AddDigital. Here you will set up your account and get access to digital products included with your subscription. If you would like to subscribe to print and digital offers from your newspaper, please go to statesman.com/subscribe. Download of the app is free.
- If you would like to subscribe to the app from Apple you may purchase through iTunes. Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. All renewals will be billed at the rate of $9.99 per month.
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user, and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase.
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
- Use of The Austin American-Statesman for iPad is governed by our Terms of Service
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to The Austin American-Statesman for iPad.
What's New in Version 1.5.5
This app is so embarrassing on a number of levels. It's frankly a bad joke that a city that prides itself on being a tech hub is represented by a news app of such low quality. The layout and interface appear to have been done by some newspaper executive's teenage son or daughter, without any evidence the poor kid has experience with or knowledge of known design principles.
Hopefully, Cox will some day come to their senses and give Austin a newspaper app they can be proud of. Until then, save the download. This one isn't even worth a look.
It great to have an electronic paper to read on iPad - especially for travelers. It is an unstable app that crashes especially when Apple updates iOS. The big problem is the renewal process is not automatic and errors out when I try to renew.
This app is a joke. You would think a newspaper in a town like Austin, that is so tech centric, could find some developer to engineer a quality app. Ridiculous how bad it is.
- Category: News
- Updated: Sep 01, 2015
- Version: 1.5.5
- Size: 11.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Cox Media Group, Inc
- © Cox Media Group
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- iPad ONLY Subscription to The Austin American-Statesman$9.99