The Strad is the most authoritative and influential string music magazine, read by makers, musicians and teachers since 1890.
Every month it brings you the latest news, commentary and analysis, in-depth articles, interviews with star string players and retrospectives on great musicians of the past, masterclass sheet music section and much more. It is essential reading for anyone in the string music world.
Subscribe today and get:
• Interviews with star string players and retrospectives on the great musicians of the past
• In-depth articles examining important and unusual instruments by master makers
• Reports on the latest advances in science and technology, by leading contemporary luthiers
• Trade Secrets contemporary luthiers share their innovative techniques for parts of the making process
• In Focus: articles examining important and unusual instruments by master makes of the past
• Making Matters: contemporary makers examine themes relevant to instrument and bow making today
• Meet your Maker: players and makers give accounts of the commissioning process and its results
• Masterclass sheet music section with commentary and annotations by international concert artists
• News, comment and analysis from the string music world
• Supplements including Cremona 2017, String Courses 2017, Degrees 2018 and Accessories 2017
Subscribe to the digital issue today:
- Try before you buy with our FREE 30-DAY TRIAL available exclusively for Apple users.
- Enjoy exclusive VIDEOS, AUDIO CLIPS and INTERACTIVE LINKS.
- Download your issues INSTANTLY
- Exclusive subscriber only SUPPLEMENTS
Choose the best subscription package for you:
3 month subscription: £12.99/€13.99/US$12.99
12 month subscription: £48.99/€54.99/US$48.99
-Get your first issue FREE with our 30-day trial. If you decide it’s not for you simply cancel before the end of your 30 day trial.
-Added content including: exclusive photo galleries that give you access to additional photos, video interviews from renowned players and makers and audio clips for Masterclass.
- Get access to an archive of back issues from March 2011 and special supplements.
-Instant access: download an issue instantly and once you have downloaded it you can access it wherever you are, online or off.
-The subscription will renew automatically unless cancelled more than 24 hours before the end of the current period. You will be charged for renewal within 24 hours of the end of the current period, for the same duration and at the current subscription rate for the product.
-You may turn off the auto-renewal of subscriptions through your Account Settings, however you are not able to cancel the current subscription during its active period.
-Payment will charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase and any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when a subscription to that publication is purchased.
Bundles of single issues can be also be bought within the application. To use purchased credits, simply click on the issue price and select ‘use credit’. This allows you to purchase back issues at reduced prices.
Accessories, Degrees and Strings Courses are available as free supplements with the digital edition in the relevant issue. Free supplements do not include The Strad Directory or posters exclusive to print subscribers.
Help and frequently asked questions be accessed in-app and on pocketmags.
If you have any problems at all please do not hesitate to contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can find our terms and conditions here:
Improved reading experience
iPhone X support
Bug fixes and other improvements
**We always love to hear your feedback. If you have any comments or queries please contact us at email@example.com**
Ratings and Reviews
Way overdue for an update!
I wrote a five-star review 5 years ago, when the app was finally updated. A better interface, much faster download times for new issues, and a range of other improvements were launched and changed the experience. But it has been eight months and a good app has become a real pain in the neck.
The main issue is that the app crashed 100% of the time. If one has the patience, it can be coaxed back into functioning, but you have to close it, reset it, try it again, and hope for the best. Three false starts is the minimum; more is the norm.
Developer did a good job before, but 8 months in iOS world is much too long and starts to look like simple laziness. The magazine deserves better.
...and well thought out. Lots of interesting and up-to-date information about the strings world. I would give it five stars if it were a little bit more budget-friendly.
App crashed a few times when I first tried to open it. Then I tried to download the July 2012 issue but got the Dec 2012 issue instead. When I tried to read it, the app crashed again. I've never experienced this with another app.
- Newsquest Specialist Media Limited
- 14 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © MagazineCloner.com Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- The Strad $49.99
- The Strad $13.49
- November 2018 $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.