The official Times of India app brings you the latest English news reading experience on the go and keeps you informed on happenings from India and around the World. Download the TOI app on your iPad and get daily updates and news from across the globe - anywhere, anytime!
QUICK GLANCE AT FEATURES OF TOI APP FOR IPAD
• Morning and Evening Updates – Get updates every morning and evening and catch up on the latest news and happenings of the day with our smart updates feature.
• Latest and Trending News – Get the latest and trending news updates from India & around the world.
• Customize Notifications – You can not only choose to control the time and frequency of your notifications but also receive them based on your interests!
• Fonts – Choose a font size that best suits you and enhances your app experience
• Save Data – Download images only when you want to. Download them based on your preferred network settings (Wi-Fi, 2G, 3G, 4G)
• Share – Like a story? Share it with your friends and loved ones using Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp, Email & more!
The TOI app offers everything that an avid news reader is looking for – breaking news, latest headlines, trending news stories and in-depth coverage of sports, entertainment, business and technology. From India news to world news, political news to cricket News, technology news to Bollywood news and movie reviews of Bollywood, Hollywood and regional films – get the most relevant coverage of celebrity news.
Send your comments and suggestions to email@example.com
The Times of India website > http://www.timesofindia.com/
- Bug fixes and under the hood improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Rather strange that I'm spontaneously drawn to TOI for a quick glance @ all the headlines but even detailed stuff about Movie reviews. The aspects are revealing and st times riveting but never revolting. I find my finger tapping TOI app more often thn NY times hard copies of which are definitely superlative. Now, it would be nice to get the copy of TOI that enjoyed very much reading during my recent visit to India. However,the ads and local news would be redundant, I feel. Moreover, my interest in sports has dwindled as far as Cricket etc. hence, if I did not hold a penchant for Entertainment section, I suspect, I might not enjoy the TOI to the same extent. On the other hand the local and National news might be tolerated better eventually due to comp overage of Global news.
Bad App, helpful news articles
1. Some of the articles do not load except the title and photo.
2. Many times, while trying to scroll down the article, it moves up and hard to hold it down to read at the bottom.
3. Cricket: Just terrible. I have tried many times to see coverage of current on-going test match, and could find nothing in the cricket section.
It's strange that India produces so many IT professionals but TOI can,t find anybody to develop a decent app and improve it over several years. That's kind of sad that management doesn't pay attention to customers.
Probably one of the worst news app around
This is an extremely buggy app. Frequent crashes, annoying pop up ads, they have tried to improve the look and feel of this from the previous versions but it hasn't really worked. Ohh and there is no way to clear the cache the application uses- so the app just balloons over time occupying more and more space as you use it. Only way is to bring it down to its original size is to uninstall and then reinstall it.
In terms of readability the app is not great either. TOI should take some queues from the New York Times app in this regard.
I generally do not write any reviews but had to write one for this app, that is how annoying this app is.
- Times Internet Limited
- 73 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Copyright ©2016 Times Internet Limited. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.