The official Times of India app brings you the latest English news reading experience on the go and keeps you informed on happenings from India and around the World. Download the TOI app on your phone and read news, watch live TV, photos, videos & more from across the globe - anywhere, anytime!
QUICK GLANCE AT FEATURES OF TOI APP
• BRIEFS – For those who read news in a hurry enjoy articles in a short and crisp format and stay updated with the latest news on the go, quick!
• Morning and Evening Updates – Get updates every morning and evening and catch up on the latest news and happenings of the day with our smart updates feature.
• Live TV – Watch as it happens! Catch the live coverage of all breaking news, business and Bollywood news on Times Now, ET Now, Zoom Live TV and Mirror Now TV along with audio right on the app!
• Latest and Trending News – Get the latest and trending news updates from India & around the world.
• Offline Reading – Read news in offline mode even without internet coverage using the offline reading feature.
• Customize Notifications – You can not only choose to control the time and frequency of your notifications but also receive them based on your interests!
• Message center – Missed an update. Don't worry. Visit anytime in message center to catch up the important headlines.
• Night Mode Reading – Don’t stress your eyes anymore! Use the Black and Sepia themes built in the app to have a pleasant reading experience even in poor lighting conditions.
• Fonts – Choose a font size that best suits you and enhances your app experience
• Save Data – Download images only when you want to. Download them based on your preferred network settings (Wi-Fi, 2G, 3G, 4G)
• Share – Like a story? Share it with your friends and loved ones using Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp, Email & more!
The TOI app offers everything that an avid news reader is looking for – breaking news, latest headlines, trending news stories and in-depth coverage of sports, entertainment, business and technology. From India news to world news, political news to cricket News, technology news to Bollywood news and movie reviews of Bollywood, Hollywood and regional films – get the most relevant coverage of celebrity news. Also available is the vivid photogallery of famous Bollywood celebrities, industrialist, politicians, sports person and events / parties that are the talk of town. Also catch the live coverage of all the breaking news on Times Now Live TV & Times Now Live Audio.
Please note Live TV channels are geo centric and may not be available across all countries.
**What users are saying about the TOI App**
***** Awesome experience with newest news all the time. Quick and easy even on slow internet. Good work !!
***** Love the new app. It's push notification helps me up-to-date will all the happenings at all times.
***** Perfect app for news reading and notifications. Big thanks to the developers.
Send your comments and suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Times of India website > http://www.timesofindia.com/
- Added support for fuel widget to check the latest diesel & petrol prices in your city
- Added support for weather widget to know latest weather conditions in your area
- Fixed a bug where in a story page reloads on network change
- Other stability improvements under the hood
Ratings and Reviews
Semi Nude images as news !
This news house runs on soft porn images they post. I downloaded the app to check if I can get rid of the entertainment and TV section within the app. Nope you cannot. So after you are done scrolling through advertisement filled national news you HAVE TO scroll through the entertainment sextion. This is the section in which you will see half nude picture and all click bait items.
I don’t mind the section itself. Am sure that there are people who enjoy the bollywood/ TV news. But I do have problem with FORCING the user to scroll through this nonsense. The user cannot disable this section nor can they move this entertainment section to the bottom of the news feed.
I will recommend users to try the Indian Express app or the NDTV app. Hindu is good but I think Indian Express and NDTV cover national news better.
TOI has better interface than all other ones but forcing the semi nude entertainment sextion on users is unacceptable. Will check the app again after two months to see if there is any change. I am quite sure though there will be none.
News about taimur, sex and orgasms
The real news is usually very limited and after the first few headlines and advertisements they have a huge section of ‘entertainment’. It seems that they have a reporter sitting in kareena’s family who makes sure that you get to know the latest about taimur. And then they will occasionally update articles about how to have better sex and keep it there for ages. And yes as mentioned in the other reviews, they do have a lot of soft porn images.
Dear User, We recently added an option to select the preferred news reading section as per our choice on home in the app. You can hide the entertainment section by going to settings >> Manage Home >> Unselect Entertainment.
Please reach out to us at email@example.com if you still face any issues here. Thanks,
RS, Team TOI
Thank you Apple!
Can’t believe that a once-upon-a-time prestigious newspaper like the times of India needs to resort to porn and semi nude pictures in order to earn readership. Also hate that they harp too much on negative news, most of it that is not even necessary to share as news!! I wish there is more positive news which actually will help to increase the faith of our people in themselves as well as a nation. The media can play a major role in educating, improving the pulse of the nation.
- Times Internet Limited
- 62.8 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Copyright © 2017 Times Internet Limited. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.