Transit • Real-Time App for Bus, Subway & Metro
By Transit App, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
“You won't realize how much time you can save planning until you use this app” - LA Times
“Killer app” - WSJ
"MBTA has a favorite transit app — and it's called Transit" - Boston Globe
Transit is your real-time urban travel companion. Navigate your city’s public transit system with accurate real-time predictions, simple trip planning, step-by-step navigation, service disruption notifications, and departure and stop reminders... all presented in a clear, bold interface. Public transport not cooperating? Easily request an Uber, reserve a car2go, or grab the closest bike share.
10 GREAT THINGS YOU CAN DO WITH TRANSIT:
1) See real-time arrivals for nearby buses and trains instantly upon launch.
2) Watch your transit vehicle approaching on a map in real-time*
3) Compare options with powerful A to B trip plans using real-time data.
4) Launch GO for step-by-step navigation when you’re on an unfamiliar route or want to nap/read/space out.*
5) Receive departure alarms and stop notifications as well as prompts to pick up the pace in GO.*
6) Get push notifications if service disruptions will affect your commute.
7) View transit schedules and route itineraries—even when you’re offline!
8) Locate bike share stations, see the number of bikes available, pay for passes, and unlock bikes (in select cities).
9) Check ETA (and surge) for nearby Ubers, and book in two taps.
10) View availability and book cars with car2go and other local car-share services.
*continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
5-STAR USER REVIEWS
“Your app was the deciding factor in selling my car”
“Blows Google Maps out of the water.”
"Probably the best thing on my phone, no joke."
“The head of our local transit agency recommended this app over the one her agency created.”
"Truly ingenious work here. Honestly, these guys should be in charge of actual public transportation itself."
Transit works in 125+ cities across North America and Europe (see USA list below).
Baltimore (MTA*, RTA, Charm City Circulator*)
Boston (MBTA*, Massport, MetroWest RTA, Brockton Area Transit (BAT), Lowell RTA, Plymouth & Brockton S. R. Co., CATA)
Chicago (CTA*, Pace, Metra, NICTD)
Hartford (CTTransit, CTFastrak*)
Los Angeles (Metro*, OCTA*, Metrolink, LADOT*, Omnitrans, RTA, Burbank Bus, Torrance Transit Foothill Transit*, Big Blue Bus*, Beeline*)
Miami (MDT*, BCT, Palm Tran*, Tri-Rail)
New York City (NYC Subway*, MTA Buses*, LIRR*, Metro-North*, NJ Transit*, PATH, SI Ferry, NICE*, Bee-Line, RI Tram, NY Waterway, AirTrain, CTTransit, CTFastrak*)
Philadelphia (SEPTA*, NJ Transit*, PATCO)
Salt Lake City*
San Diego (MTS*, NCTD*)
San Francisco (BART*, MUNI*, Caltrain*, AC Transit*, VTA*, County Connection*, Golden Gate Transit, SamTrans, Sonoma County Transit, Healdsburg Transit, Cloverdale Transit, Marin Transit)
Seattle (Metro Transit*, City of Seattle*, King County Marine Division, Sound Transit*, Pierce Transit, Kitsap Tours, Everett Transit)
Washington DC (DC Metro / Bus*, DC Circulator*, Ride On*, Arlington Transit*, Fairfax Connector, MTA, VRE*, PRTC)
* Uses real-time predictions & vehicle locations for some or all routes.
Transit App also works in 50+ other cities around the world. View select cities below and the full list at transitapp.com
What's New in Version 4.1
Julien is an iOS developer at Transit.
Julien volunteered to fix the widget.
Julien doesn’t sleep anymore.
Whenever someone asks him what he does for work, he curls up in the fetal position and whispers to himself “try not to cry, try not to cry.” Last week, his neighbour spray painted “n00b” on his front door. For Halloween, his kids dressed up as widgets and made him play hide-and-seek. Over and over, they disappeared, giggling “unable to load” while Julien searched frantically in fear.
Today, Julien’s nightmare is over. He fixed the widget. This evening, to apologize to his neighbour, he’s going to mow his lawn. Tonight, Julien will celebrate his victory with his wife, children, and an entire tub of cookie dough.
More reasons for Julien to celebrate:
- He can now see his vehicle approaching in GO
- When he’s feeling “wild”, Julien doesn’t listen to GO, and takes a shortcut through the back alleys. Transit takes note and adapts to Julien’s odd sense of adventure.
- Sometimes, Julien likes to race the bus driver and run to the next stop. No problem: GO will update his directions to the stop that’s closest.
- Julien likes to plan ahead. Now he can set an alarm for a trip tomorrow morning.
- Julien isn’t so good at spelling, but he knows where he’s going. He loves the new option “Choose on Map” that lets him slide the pin to his destination, rather than typing it in letter-by-letter, hoping auto-correct kicks in.
In other news, you can now buy bike share passes and unlock bikes in Minneapolis with Nice Ride. But that’s not thanks to Julien.
Julien will sleep better tonight knowing that Transit added:
- Wheel Trans in Tri-Valley, California
- GTrans in Los Angeles
- Stanford University’s Marguerite Shuttle in Palo Alto
- Real-time for DASH in Washington D.C.
- Real-time for Golden Gate Transit in SF
Give us 5 stars to make us shine as brightly as Julien’s eyes.
USED to be great
This app used to function flawless me for until the past 2 updates. Now when I try to find routes to get from point A to point B it will show possible routes leaving around the time I said I wanted to leave at, but then a second or two later all the routes flicker and jump slightly farther down the page. The earlier routes will not show now. For example, today I said I wanted to leave my location at 2:15pm I know for sure that the first bus I need picks up where I am at 2:21pm. But when I go to find a route, the 2:21pm route appears for just a second, then it flickers, and only the 2:50pm route and a route after 3:00pm show up. Please fix this! As a college I rely heavily on public transportation and all the other apps I've tried that serve the Twin Cities area are terrible!
Transit makes beauty from SF Muni's garbage API.
I first purchased when I was living in Portland, OR in 2014. Now I'm in SF, and I can confidently say that Transit has saved me from being/looking lost on innumerable occasions. The addition of the Go feature is great, the redesign is beautiful, and getting instant directions from the home screen with 3D Touch has impressed several UI/UX friends with its simplicity and practicality. Ditch NextBus, MuniMobile, Google Maps, and all the other pretenders. Transit is the only way to get around. I wish I could give these folks for money because I've gotten such tremendous value from the app. And their release notes are hilarious. Keep up the great work!
I would like to send a shoutout to Julien for the wonderful functionality of this app. For a year now, I have searched for an app like this one; when I stumbled upon it, my dreams came true. It follows both the local bus lines of my town and the "niche" bus lines of my university's system; it works with me, efficiently, when I'm trying to be fast (as a sloth, this comes with great difficulty); and it is visually appealing, which is important to my sense of peace. I applaud the people who have worked tirelessly to make this app what it is, and I celebrate the fruits of their labor every day.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Nov 04, 2016
- Version: 4.1
- Size: 73.6 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: 9280-0366 Quebec inc.
- © 2016 Transit App
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.