Transit App: Real Time Bus Subway & Metro Tracker with Offline Schedules
By Transit App, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Never miss your bus again. Open up the app and boom: upcoming departure times for all nearby transit lines are right there, displayed in big text and bright colors. You can plan your trip, set reminders, and get notified about disruptions. Or maybe public transport isn't cooperating? Don't fret: you can easily request an Uber, book a car2go, or see where the closest bike-share station is.
Transit works in 100+ cities across the US, Canada, Europe and Africa (see list below). And we work on the Apple Watch too, if that tickles your fancy.
- Know when your next subway or bus is arriving instantly with real-time predictions.*
- Plan A-to-B trips with ease.
- See exactly where your transit vehicle is on the map in real-time.*
- View schedules and route itineraries. Even offline.
- See bike share stations on the map including how many bikes / docks are available.
- Find nearby car2go's and easily book a vehicle.
- Check real-time ETAs for the closest Uber, and request a ride with two taps.
- NEW: Browse real-time service advisories, and subscribe to push notifications for disruptions that impact your commute (in select cities).
- NEW: Schedule alarms and get reminders before your bus or train arrives.
*wherever real-time info is available from transit agencies.
“Blows Google Maps out of the water.”
“This app alone gives me 15 more minutes of sleep and flexibility.”
“Love this so much I might sell my car.”
"Truly ingenious work here. Honestly, these guys should be in charge of actual public transportation itself."
"Probably the best thing on my phone, no joke."
“This app makes me WANT to ride the bus"
“I simply cannot describe the extent to which this app has expedited my daily commuting.”
FANCY PEOPLE LIKE US
**Apple’s Editor Choice**
**New York City MTA App Quest Winner**
**Official app of the Toronto Transit Commission**
**World Class Design: Featured in Apple's Human Design Guidelines**
**As seen in Tech Crunch and the Wall Street Journal**
See below for the full list of supported cities in the United States. You can find the complete list of cities and agencies at transitapp.com.
Can’t find your city? Visit our website to vote for the next one that we should add and it may appear sooner than you think!
- Ann Arbor
- Boston (MBTA*, Massport, MetroWest RTA, Brockton Area Transit (BAT), Lowell RTA, Plymouth & Brockton S. R. Co., CATA)
- Chicago (CTA*, Pace, Metra, NICTD)
- Eau Claire
- Grand Rapids*
- Hampton Roads
- Hartford (CTTransit, CTFastrak*)
- Kansas City
- Las Vegas*
- Los Angeles (Metro*, OCTA*, Metrolink, LADOT*, Omnitrans, RTA, Burbank Bus, Torrance Transit, Hyperloop*, Foothill Transit*, Big Blue Bus*, Glendale Beeline*)
- Miami (Miami-Dade Transit, Broward County Transit, Palm Tran*, Tri-Rail)
- Minneapolis-Saint Paul*
- New Orleans*
- New York City (NYC Subway*, MTA Buses*, LIRR*, Metro-North*, NJ Transit*, PATH, Staten Island Ferry, NICE, Bee-Line, RI Tram, NY Waterway, AirTrain, CTTransit, CTFastrak*)
- Philadelphia (SEPTA*, NJ Transit*, PATCO)
- Salem, OR
- Salt Lake City*
- San Antonio
- San Diego (MTS, NCTD*)
- San Francisco (BART*, MUNI*, Caltrain*, AC Transit*, VTA*, County Connection*, Golden Gate Transit, SamTrans, Sonoma County Transit, Healdsburg Transit, Cloverdale Transit, Marin Transit)
- Seattle (Metro Transit*, City of Seattle*, King County Marine Division, Sound Transit*, Pierce Transit, Kitsap Tours, Everett Transit, WSF)
- St. Louis*
- Washington DC (DC Metro & Bus*, DC Circulator*, Ride On*, Arlington Transit*, Fairfax Connector, MTA, Virginia Railway Express*)
* Uses real-time predictions & vehicle locations for some or all routes.
What's New in Version 3.7.1
-Fixed issue where we’d send out debug notifications to users
-You don’t have to worry about it anymore because we successfully debugged our debug bug
-All alarms were previously being displayed in Eastern Standard Time
-Apparently there are these things called "time zones"
-Midnight in Montreal is no longer midnight in Paris
-Shout out to the British Longitude Act of 1714 for making this possible
Rate us five stars & we'll have a drink in your honor. Because it's always 5 o’clock somewhere—apparently.
Total gamechanger for city navigation!
I live in San Francisco where the transit can be a bit...scattered and difficult. This app has been hugely helpful since it's able to instantly launch, know where I am, and pull up a bunch of local, real-time transit times to tell me whether it's worth it to wait at one of our spots where busses apparently come like three times a day or whether I should give up and walk :) Super solid app and easy to use, and their release notes are hilarious when they make updates (which is awesome). Great app!!!
Transunion? No way!! TRANS-It-is-the-best-app ever for transportation
The best possible traveling app to get you where you need to go when you need to go or not either way it's a successful route with this app , coming or going , or even just mapping out anything , this app does it and does it perfectly via almost any way you can go this app will show you the right way. 5 stars hands down , download always!
Unparalleled Transit App
In my experience, after using multiple transit apps, this is (still) by far the best. Its schedules and estimated arrival times are incredibly accurate in my experience (at least for transit in Philly). I can go to my stop and generally expect my trolley/bus to arrive at or within a minute of the time this app provides. The widget is incredibly useful as well. I can't recommend this App more.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Jul 28, 2015
- Version: 3.7.1
- Size: 26.9 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Seller: 9280-0366 Quebec inc.
- © 2015 Transit App
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.