Transit App ~ Now with Citi Bike, Divvy & Capital Bikeshare!
By Samuel Vermette
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Wherever you are, just pull Transit out of your pocket and quickly know when the next bus or train is arriving. Not sure what's the fastest way? Use our easy-to-use trip planner to find your way.
Featured by Apple as Editor's Choice! Works in most US metropolitan areas including NYC, Chicago, SF, Philadelphia, LA, Boston, Washington DC, Seattle (see full list below).
- Know at a glance when your next train or bus is arriving.
- See exactly where your bus or train is on the map in real-time.*
- Find scheduled departures and route itineraries even without an Internet connection.
- Star your favorite routes, bumping them to the top of the list
- Plot routes on the map.
*Where real-time is available
Transit integrates with the following transit agencies:
- New York City (NYC Subway*, MTA Buses*, LIRR, Metro-North, NJ Transit*, PATH, Staten Island Ferry, NICE, Bee-Line, CTTransit New Haven, CTTransit Stamford, CTTransit Waterbury)
- Chicago (CTA*, Pace, Metra)
- Philadelphia (SEPTA*, NJ Transit*, NJ Transit, PATCO)
- Los Angeles (Metro*, OCTA, Metrolink, RTA, Burbank Bus, Torrance Transit, Hyperloop*, Foothill Transit*, Big Blue Bus)
- San Francisco (BART*, MUNI*, Caltrain*, AC Transit*, VTA*, County Connection*, Golden Gate Transit, SamTrans, Hyperloop**, Sonoma County Transit, Healdsburg Transit, Cloverdale Transit, Marin Transit)
- Washington (Metro*, DC Circulator*, Ride On*, Arlington Transit*, Fairfax Connector, MTA, Virginia Railway Express*)
- Boston (MBTA*, Massport, MetroWest RTA, Brockton Area Transit (BAT), Lowell RTA, Plymouth & Brockton S. R. Co., CATA)
- Miami (Miami-Dade Transit, Broward County Transit)
- Seattle (Metro Transit*, City of Seattle*, Kingcounty Marine Division, Sound Transit*, Pierce Transit, Kitsap Tours)
- Atlanta (MARTA*, Cobb Community Transit (CCT), Xpress by GRTA)
- Phoenix (ValleyMetro)
- Baltimore (MTA)
- Portland (TriMet*)
- San Diego (MTS, NCTD*)
- Minneapolis-Saint Paul (Metro Transit*, Plymouth*, SouthWest Transit*, Scott County Transit*, Airport (MAC), University of Minnesota*, MVTA)
- Houston (METRO)
- Honolulu (TheBus*)
- Pittsburgh (Port Authority)
- Dallas (DART)
- Denver (RTD)
- Las Vegas (RTC)
- Milwaukee (MCTS)
- Salt Lake City (UTA*)
- San Antonio (VIA)
- St. Louis (Metro)
- Austin (Capital Metro)
- Kansas City (KCATA)
- Sacramento (Sacramento Regional Transit, Roseville Transit)
- Tampa (HART, PSTA)
- Hartford (CTTransit New Haven, CTTransit Waterbury, CTTransit Hartford, CTTransit New Britain, CTTransit Meriden)
- Cincinnati (Metro, TANK)
- Buffalo (NFTA)
- Providence (RIPTA)
- Columbus (COTA)
- Madison (Madison Metro*)
- Louisville (TARC*)
- Hampton Roads (HRT)
- Toronto (TTC*, GO Transit, YRT*, Guelph Transit, Hamilton Street Railway, Grand River Transit, Brampton Transit, MiWay, Burlington Transit)
- Montréal (STM, RTL, STL*, AMT*, autres CITs, Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu)
- Vancouver (TransLink*, False Creek Ferries)
- Ottawa (OC Transpo*)
- Edmonton (Edmonton Transit)
- Calgary (Calgary Transit)
- Winnipeg (Winnipeg Transit*)
- Québec (RTC)
- Halifax (MetroTransit)
- Saskatoon (Saskatoon Transit)
- Thunder Bay (Thunder Bay Transit*)
- Banff (Roam Transit)
- Kelowna (BC Transit)
- Squamish (BC Transit)
- Victoria (BC Transit)
- Whistler (BC Transit)
- Kamloops (BC Transit)
- Mexico (Metrobús, Metro, RTP, STE, Ferrocarriles Suburbanos)
- Cali (MIO)
- Paris (RATP*, SNCF Transilien)
- Toulouse (Tisséo*)
- Nantes (SEMITAN*)
- Strasbourg (CTS)
- Bordeaux (Tram et Bus de la CUB)
- Rennes (STAR*)
** Uses real-time predictions and vehicle locations for some or all routes.
What's New in Version 3.1
- Bike sharing! Quickly find the nearest bike or empty dock in NYC, Chicago, Boston, Montreal, Toronto, Washington DC, San Francisco, Miami, Minneapolis, Columbus, Paris, Toulouse, Strasbourg, Rennes + many more on the way!
- Redesigned home screen, now with easier access to nearby lines!
- A universal search bar that lets you search locations AND transit lines.
- Your monthly dose of bug fixes and performance improvements.
If you love Transit App, please take a minute to leave a nice 5-star review! It means a lot!
Transit app I’ve been looking for!
I’m blown away by how good this app is. The thing that I like the most is how much information it makes available and how easy it is to access all of that information.
I live in Chicago and up until I found Transit, I was using a few different CTA tracking apps: the official website for seeing a schedule and a map of where busses/trains are, an app for when I’m at a station and I want to when the next train will be there and Google Maps for finding routes to get places. With Transit, I can do all of those things quickly and easily; times for nearby stations show up on launch and schedules, directions and maps (that actually show you the real time train locations) are just a few taps away.
Best transit app!
I used this app back when I lived in Toronto and when I accidentally opened it here in San Francisco and discovered that it worked here - I was over the moon! Beautifully designed and easy to use. The one feature I'd love to see integrated is being able to remove a bus line from appearing (some sort of "hide" feature?). I realize it may be the fastest route but I know that it would be a crowded bus, and I'd rather ride in comfort. Ie. I'd much rather take the 2 or 3 instead of the 38. So if I could hide the 38 line from the presented results, that'd be wonderful! Awesome app, I will def continue to recommend it to my friends.
Consider Our Feedback Heeded
The developers of this app are incredible. They not only are clearly reading every bit of feedback we leave them in the reviews and in the emails we send them, but they're putting it into action! This is, by far, the most stable, functional, best designed application on my iPhone. I continue to recommend it to friends and colleagues and they are wowed they haven't found such a stunning app beforehand. It's underrated and under-hyped!
And what's more? The app we knew and loved just became even better for those of us that utilize bike-share services!
Congrats, guys! Keep it up!
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Jun 30, 2014
- Version: 3.1
- Size: 20.9 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Spanish
- Seller: Samuel Vermette
- © 2014 Transit App
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.